Operations - IMD Operations - Client Management – Retail Strategy & Oversight - Analyst - Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Are you looking to apply your client service and analytical skills while deepening your understanding of retail asset management? Our Retail Oversight & Strategy team is seeking a professional who is looking to partner with our diversified client base and global business counterparts to provide best in-class client experience to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
The Retail Strategy & Oversight team sits within Client Management and has primary responsibility for all aspects of portfolio accounting, cash management, client reporting, and serves as the single point of contact for all operations related client inquiries. These functions cover a wide range of clients and a complex product range, which include equities, fixed income, currency and derivatives. The group supports portfolio managers, sales and client relationship professionals by providing accurate and timely client account information and overseeing all aspects of operational risk across portfolios. This involves partnering with the business to influence the operational aspects of the Digital Advice Solutions (DAS) platform. This platform solution will enable the division to extend its investment capabilities to a range of customers in a fully automated and scalable way. Additional support will be required to implement the design and launch of new retail offerings being driven across third-party distribution and Honest Dollar.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
This is a highly collaborative role and as such requires the capability to work effectively with a diverse range of professionals both internally and externally, covering a wide variety of products and functions. The main areas of responsibility will be:
- As part of this role, the analyst will partner with the broader IMD teams to facilitate the operational design of a strategic platform to support the GSAM retail business and new market opportunities.
- Holistic ownership and understanding of client accounts from a GSAM & Honest Dollar Operations perspective by coordinating client issues across all operations teams and business partners, and act as a single point of contact for GSAM Operations
- Ensure accounting data accuracy and provide accounting policy oversight in order to create controlled environment for investment management process
- Daily cash forecasting in multi-currency portfolios to include overdraft monitoring
- Trading desk support to include ad-hoc queries as well as ongoing business initiatives
- Review account level metrics (i.e. reconciling items on cash/position reconciliations, daily corporate actions, NAV Reconciliations, failing trades, standard/non-standard reporting deliverables) as defined by operating standards and research, escalate, remediate exceptions as appropriate
- Scalability analysis of workflow cost drivers and trends to help drive process improvements and efficiency, budgeting and cost allocation to various revenue producing desks
- Assist in the launch of new products and instruments
- Process and control analysis to ensure effective oversight and risk management
- Participation and analysis of industry events to assess impact for GSAM
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in asset management
- Risk management focus
- Attention to detail with a sense of urgency a must
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor's degree required
- Be highly collaborative, team-oriented and strong consensus builder
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills both written and oral
- Previous experience in Operations and/or Financial Services industry
- Demonstrate ability to partner across product groups, regions and functional responsibilities
- Be a strategic thinker, possesses strong facilitation and data gathering skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure and to provide practical solutions
- Familiarity with client on-boarding for high net worth clients and customers within family offices
- Understanding of the product lifecycle and user experience for the distribution of products on a digital platform
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top