Operations - IMD Operations - Client Management - Associate - Jersey City
The Analyst/Associate will be responsible for performing daily surveillance on Fixed Income strategies to ensure GSAM’s compliance with client and regulatory guidelines. The ideal candidate will be exposed to a number of different strategies within the Fixed Income space, across a multitude of financial instruments. The candidate will be expected to learn quickly and add value in understanding and clearing any guideline breaches with the respective trading, portfolio manager, and compliance teams.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm’s assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
Investment Management Operations delivers asset management and wealth management capabilities to clients around the world. We are a multi-faceted group that partners with all areas of the Investment Management Division to support evolving markets and business requirements. Alongside that vital service delivery role, Investment Management Operations provides essential risk management and control. Within Asset Management Operations the Client Management team, which provides shared support services across several operations and business teams. The role will require an individual to join a team that performs coding, testing and post trade surveillance for client investment guidelines and regulatory guidelines within Goldman Sachs Asset Management.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Perform daily portfolio and trading surveillance and perform client and regulatory coding to ensure that GSAM meets strict regulatory and fiduciary responsibilities across all types of financial instruments and portfolio management strategies
- Work with the Portfolio Management team and other internal functional areas of GSAM in order to resolve client and regulatory investment guideline breaches.
- Work with Compliance, outside counsel and other areas of GSAM to drive remediation of open issues.
- Provide daily, weekly, monthly and annual investment guidelines surveillance of asset management accounts for investment guidelines. Products include U.S. registered mutual funds, pooled vehicles, hedge funds, sub-advised products and separately managed accounts
- Resolve and escalate post-trade errors with Portfolio Managers, Traders, and Compliance.
- Develop and draft applicable policies and procedures.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Basic Qualifications•Analyst or associate level with at least 2 years of professional experience in the financial services industry
- Understanding of Fixed Income products as well as derivatives
- Comfortable escalating to Sales, Trading, Compliance, and Legal
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective problem solver
- Self-starter and motivated, committed to understanding new concepts and ever changing regulations
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and trend analysis
- Ability to multitask and manage time effectively
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top