Operations - IMD Operations - Client Management - Analyst - Jersey City
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Are you looking to be involved in building solutions for strategic global projects while applying your client service and analytical skills? The Client Solutions team in GSAM Operations is seeking an Associate to help drive the build-out and maintenance of the IMD client service platform across Institutional, Retail and Mass Affluent spaces
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is the investment management arm providing global investment opportunities to a substantial and diversified client base including institutions, governments and high net worth individuals. GSAM has become one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally, with responsibility for over $950bn in assets under supervision. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals in order to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
GSAM Operations is part of the Federation division of Goldman Sachs and comprises of ~550 professionals based in 5 centers across the globe. It consists of three broad functional areas, Client Management, Trade Management, and Position and Data Control, all of which work in a dynamic environment where control, client service and excellence in execution are fundamental principles. The Client Solutions team sits within Client Management and consists of 5 core pillars: Organization Infrastructure, Strategic Application, Data and Regulatory, Risk and Service Monitoring, and Workflow Management. The Client Solutions team is responsible for driving the organization's strategic initiatives and partnership opportunities across the Federation, the IMD Business and externally with market infrastructures and vendors focused on client service delivery in the asset management business. Key focus areas for Client Solutions include realization of functional and platform convergence around client service delivery, front-to-back optimization of workflow across the GSAM stack, rationalization and use of consistent data across the organization, and utilization of business intelligence to drive efficiency, sustain scalability, and influence cost containment and reduction.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Leverage analytical skills, creative problem solving and project management skills to establish an accurate, complete and scalable solution
- Dive into the data and learn how our technology works, thereby empowering you to find ways to resolve problems at the source
- Providing effective thought leadership in navigating evolving financial regulatory landscape and helping to develop technological solutions to build appropriate architecture
- Contributing to the development of the methods to improve processes, reduce risks, increase controls, and / or increase customer satisfaction
- Manage relationships with professionals in other teams and divisions to ensure connectivity and holistic problem solving approaches
- Apply communication skills and a control mindset to articulate risks, collaborate with others to understand the root cause and deliver a thoughtful resolution
- Work with Operations business units to assess and streamline processes in order to mitigate risk or control issues and generate efficiencies
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of three years of relevant experience
- Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and an aptitude to think creatively to develop solutions
- Attention to detail and ability to meet tight deadlines under pressure with competing priorities while maintaining a control mindset
- Self-motivated and proactive team player who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of stakeholders with differing levels of experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio and SharePoint
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top