Operations - Goldman Sachs Asset Management Operations (GSAM) - Trade Management - Confirmation and Settlement - Associate - SLC
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
YOUR IMPACT Are you looking to expand your understanding of financial products and be well versed on the life cycle of a trade? Our Trade Management team is seeking a professional who is looking to collaborate with traders, portfolio managers and external counterparties to ensure all trades are communicated, confirmed, and settled to safeguard our clients and funds.
OUR IMPACT Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is the investment management arm of the firm. As a leading player in the asset management world, GSAM makes pioneering industry improvements a priority across all of its sectors. The Trade Management team has primary responsibility of mitigating risk throughout all aspects of trade flow, settlement, and collateral management.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Prepare to gain a comprehensive understanding of the trade life-cycle by interacting with traders, strategists, clients, and technologists to work toward the shared goal of risk mitigation.
- Connect daily with traders and brokers to resolve issues and ensure timely settlement of trades.
- Understand and improve problem solving capability for complex trade flow, accounting issues, and transactional discrepancies.
- Showcase leadership in project management skills toward aims of improved cross-product support and relationship management.
- Leverage your quantitative skills to decompose processes to improve control and scale of the business.
- Provide reporting to senior leadership and produce insightful analyses of the business upon request for management.
- Grow with the team; develop a deeper understanding of complex transactions and work with our business partners to progress our trade capture capabilities.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of four years of professional experience.
- Knowledge of financial products, whether academically or professionally acquired.
- Proven ability to effectively manage competing priorities and to work well under pressure in a team environment.
- High level of discretion and awareness of accountability.
- Analytical skills and interest in developing problem-solving capabilities.
- Work experience in financial services.
- Comprehension of industry agenda and platforms (e.g., DTC, SWIFT, DTCC).
- Positive attitude and eagerness to learn.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top