Operations - Goldman Sachs Asset Management Operations (GSAM) - Portfolio Data and Control - Asset Servicing Team - Corporate Actions - VP - SLC
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Are you looking for a place to get exposure to a full slate of financial products from end to end? Our Corporate Actions team is seeking an Analyst who has an interest in working closely with our trading desks, valuation oversight groups and technology. This role will help you get a solid understanding of all the products we trade with an emphasis in fixed income products.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Asset Management Operations comprises of 400+ professionals based in seven centers across the globe. It consists of three broad functional areas, Trade Management, Portfolio & Data Control, & Client Management, all of which work in a dynamic environment where risk control, client service and excellence in execution are fundamental principles.
The Asset Servicing Team within Asset Management Operations is seeking a new hire. The function involves the monitoring/capturing, validation, processing, and communication of corporate actions that affect the positions of Asset Management clients. The team member would be involved in communicating with various fund management groups and other Operations teams regarding corporate actions. The function will require the Analyst to be able to effectively multi-task and manage priorities.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Closely monitor and validate key data attributes that contributes to important GSAM investing decisions
- Partner directly with key decision making individuals from across GSAM Operations, GSAM Fund Management Desks, and Technology capture/validate corporate actions decisions that affect GSAM portfolios.
- Using your problem solving skills, you will act as a central point of contact/escalation for inquiries from the GSAM business regarding corporate actions.
- Leverage your attention to detail by managing daily responsibilities and inquiries, while also working on enhancing your project management skills working on key market initiatives and internal system enhancements.
- Grow with a strong team and develop a deep understanding of products and complex transactions while working with our business partners.
- Oversee his or her relevant function to ensure events are getting processed timely and accurately.
- Knowledge and experience in financial services
- Asset servicing knowledge is preferred.
- Proven track record contributing in a dynamic team environment
- Pays attention to detail and can multi-task
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications-specifically Excel
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top