Operations - Goldman Sachs Asset Management Operations (GSAM) - Data Control and Pricing - Analyst - SLC
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Are you looking for a place to get exposure to a full slate of financial products from end to end? Our Data Control and Pricing team is seeking an Analyst who has an interest in working closely with our trading desks, valuation oversight groups and technology. This role will help you get a solid understanding of all the products we trade with an emphasis in fixed income products.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is the investment management arm, providing global investment opportunities to a substantial and diversified client base including institutions, governments and high net worth individuals. GSA has become one of the preeminent investment management organizations globally, with responsibility for over $800bn assets under management. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
Asset Management Operations comprises of 400+ professionals based in 5 centers across the globe. It consists of three broad functional areas, Trade Management, Portfolio Control & Analysis and Investment Services Group (ISG), all of which work in a dynamic environment where risk control, client service and excellence in execution are fundamental principles.
The Data Control and Pricing group within Asset Management Operations is seeking an analyst. The function involves the monitoring, validation, and maintenance of key economic and reference data that impact the valuation of GSAM client portfolios, based upon GSAM business guidelines and policies. The analyst would work alongside other team members in this data validation effort in close coordination with colleagues from other Asset Management Operations teams, Technology, and the GSAM business. The function will require the analyst to be able to effectively multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Closely monitor and validate key reference data that contributes to important GSAM investing decisions
- Partner closely with key decision making individuals from across GSAM Operations, GSAM Fund Management Desks, and Technology to improve the quality of product data
- Using your problem solving skills, you will act as a central point of contact/escalation for inquiries from the GSAM business regarding data quality
- Leverage your attention to detail by managing daily responsibilities and inquiries, while also working on enhancing your project management skills working on key market initiatives and internal system enhancements
- Grow with a strong team and develop a deep understanding of products and complex transactions while working with our business partners to enhance our reference data quality
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Knowledge and experience in financial services
- Securities product knowledge is preferred
- Proven track record contributing in a dynamic team environment
- Pays attention to detail and can multi-task
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications-specifically Excel
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top