Operations - Goldman Sachs Asset Management Operations (GSAM) - Client Management - Client Middle Office Team - VP - SLC
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Client Middle Office (CMO) team has primary responsibility for facilitating the flow of funds between GSAM, its investors, and its investments. The team serves as a central point of contact for the Risk Management and Analytics personnel who oversee GSAM's investment funds, as well as numerous other internal and external groups. As a member of the CMO team, the individual will specialize in the facilitation of transactions and cash movements for the business, primarily the Alternative Investments & Manager Selection group.
As a member of this team, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the business, operational partners, and our clients in a fast paced environment with precision and accuracy. The ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and communicate to all levels of the organization, including sales, legal and compliance, is critical. We believe this structure provides our people with enhanced development opportunities to broaden their knowledge base, as well as provide a best in class operational client service.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is the firms' investment management business providing global investment opportunities to a substantial and diversified client base including corporations, financial institutions, governments and third-party clients. GSAM has become one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally, with responsibility for over $1TN assets under management. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
GSAM Operations is part of the Operations division, which consists of over 8,000 persons worldwide. GSAM Operations consists of three broad functional areas: Trade Management, Client Middle Office, and Portfolio & Data Control – all of which work in a dynamic environment where control, client service and excellence in execution are fundamental principles.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL POTENTIAL
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Monitor liquidity in each of GSAM's investment funds to review for sufficient funds on a daily basis
- Facilitate the flow of funds between investors, GSAM, and GSAM's investments
- Ensure adherence to controls around transactions and perform root-cause analysis of exceptions
- Drive the day-to-day execution of the team's processes
- Propose and act upon process improvements/efficiencies
- Take ownership of an agreed upon workload ensuring it is processed to completion within time-lines
- Bachelor's degree required
- Proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite – in particular Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word
- Knowledge of the asset management business and investment products across major asset classes (fixed income, alternatives, equities, money markets).
- At least 2 years of work experience in Finance or related field
- Critical thinking, ability to suggest improvements and identify risks
- Ability to partner with the GSAM business to identify and implement efficiency opportunities
- A proactive self-starter, able to manage time, prioritize, and independently identify and complete implied tasks
- Ability to remain composed under pressure
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong client service orientation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Adapt to new changes and new challenges
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Well-developed organizational skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top