Operations - Goldman Sachs Asset Management Operations (GSAM) - Client Implementation Management - Analyst - SLC
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
As a member of the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) On-boarding team, the individual will specialize in the review of AML/KYC information for new clients at the time of on-boarding. The individual will work directly with our clients, sales, compliance and operational partners in a fast paced environment with precision and accuracy. The ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and communicate to all levels of the organization, including sales, legal and compliance, is critical. We believe this structure provides our people with enhanced development opportunities to broaden their knowledge base, as well as provide a best in class operational client service.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is the firms' investment management business providing global investment opportunities to a substantial and diversified client base including corporations, financial institutions, governments and third-party clients. GSAM has become one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally, with responsibility for over $1TN assets under management. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
GSAM Operations is part of the Operations division, which consists of over 8,000 persons worldwide. GSAM Operations consists of three broad functional areas: Trade Management, Client Management, and Portfolio & Data Control – all of which work in a dynamic environment where control, client service and excellence in execution are fundamental principles. The Client Implementation Management (CIM) team is a subgroup within Client Management which has primary responsibility for coordinating the operational set up of new GSAM client relationships/accounts and funds. This team is also responsible for managing the operational elements of restructures and terminations for existing client separate accounts. The team serves as the main operational point of contact for clients, other third parties, and liaises with the GSAM Strategic Client Services team to ensure accurate and timely operational account set up.
How You Will Fulfill Tour Potential
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ensure due diligence is performed to comply with "Know Your Customer" regulations
- Develop expertise in the Firm's Anti Money Laundering/Customer Identification due diligence policies
- Communicate with internal and external clients to obtain relevant documentary requirements in line with current policy
- Drive weekly updates with sales and other internal partners to discuss and prioritize case reviews
- Take ownership of daily cases to ensure they are processed to completion within required time-lines
- Propose and act upon process improvements/efficiencies
Skills & Experience We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree required
- Proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite in particular Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word
- Knowledge of the asset management business and investment products across major asset classes (fixed income, alternatives, equities, money markets)
- Knowledge of Customer Identification Programs (CIP)
- Critical thinking, ability to suggest improvements and identify risks
- AML knowledge across various entity types and legal structures
- Compliance experience/awareness in conjunction with knowledge of international regulatory framework
- A proactive self-starter, able to manage time, prioritize, and independently identify and complete implied tasks
- Team oriented § Ability to remain composed under pressure
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong client service orientation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Adapt to new changes and new challenges
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Well-developed organizational skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top