Operations - Enterprise Operations - Tax Operations - Vice President/Associate - Salt Lake City
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Are you looking to join a highly visible and growing global organization operating in a constantly changing environment? Our Tax Operations team is seeking an experienced, energetic and driven professional who is looking to make an impact on global projects while leading a diverse team in managing the daily risks of critical functions.
Tax Operations is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the firm's compliance with reporting authorities around the globe and managing related inquiries from a variety of the firm's businesses across established and emerging markets. Day-to-day production functions include accurate and timely account documentation and monitoring, withholding, client information reporting, and regulatory filings. The team also provides critical subject matter expertise and functionally-aligned support during the design, testing and implementation of related systems and processes. The team capitalizes on opportunities to optimize procedures and build scalability through data analytics and efficient use of technology.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Develop expert-level knowledge of relevant tax systems, procedures and requirements
• Provide oversight and regular feedback / reporting to management
• Act as a risk manager for the firm through ongoing assessment and awareness of the tax regulatory environment and the firm's adherence to its tax reporting obligations
• Work with management across regions to drive initiatives and issue resolution
• Generate new ideas to create efficiencies and reduce risk
• Be flexible and contribute to other activities as requested
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor degree and at least 7 years relevant work experience in Operations, Accounting, Finance or related field
• Proven ability to prioritize workload to drive results and solve problems
• Thrives in a team environment, possesses strong interpersonal skills
• Remains composed under pressure, prioritizes and makes decisions in a fast-paced environment
• Accuracy and attention to detail; flexible, proactive, self-starter
• Strong data analysis skills and experience with Microsoft Excel and basic SQL
• Prior tax operations related work experience
• Prior Lean management experience
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top