Operations - Enterprise Operations - Ref Data Strategy & Reg AI Ops Team - Associate - Salt Lake City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to interact with global teams and drive industry change? Our Reference Data Strategy (RDS) team is seeking an energetic candidate to analyse and determine the impact of compulsory industry changes on reference data, to design and execute implementation plans to update systems, processes and controls to meet requirements timely and accurately while mitigating risks. Additional responsibilities include business analysis and defining strategy for improved data management practices through governance, data quality at source initiatives, improved instrumentation and other needs.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
The RDS team globally manages the significant body of compulsory industry change initiatives that impact reference data processes and oversees the uplift of processes, systems and client records to meet new and evolving requirements. The team is comprised of Data Architects - subject matter and technical experts who have tenured experience in reference data line teams and/ or have industry experience in business analysis, project management and/or consulting. We work closely with Technology, Legal, Compliance, Finance , other Operations teams and Revenue earning divisions for successful implementation of change projects.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The RDS Salt Lake City role is an opportunity for a dynamic seasoned individual to take the lead in helping shape the reference data strategy in line with our Target Operating Model.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Engage with firm and industry dialogue to identify and analyze future compulsory impact and ensure expectations of relevant stakeholders are managed and necessary long term preparations are made (e.g. budget considerations, strategic vendor relationships etc.) to manage regulatory risk in reference data processes
- Define and agree deliverables for implementation of changes across all typical initiative phases: (1) Effort initiation, including definition of plans (2) Business analysis and business requirements documentation (includes rule assessments/interpretations) (3)Testing and implementation, in particular user acceptance testing (4) Ongoing initiative management support, including progress monitoring and reporting throughout the initiative life cycle; coordination of BAU activities to line teams
- Oversee creation and execution of plans & artifacts to deliver versus obligations and escalate risks and issues
- Build and manage strong relationships with initiative sponsors and stakeholders in Operations, Technology and the business. Manage competing priorities and escalate as appropriate
- Implementation of data unification and transparency to define and understand the data produced and consumed and to bring consistency to the way data is modelled and represented across the firm's enterprise
- Enforcement of data quality at the data source through procedures and associated controls to prevent the need for downstream adjustments
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in Operations or Business Analysis field
- Bachelor's degree
- Previous experience in Operations, Financial Services Industry and/or dealing with regulatory change
- Experience in a business analysis / project management function supporting both business process and technology implementations with experience writing business requirements documents (BRD), and test scripts
- Proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite in particular Excel, PowerPoint , Microsoft Visio or other business process mapping / designing tools
- Be highly collaborative, team-oriented and strong consensus builder
- Demonstrate ability to partner across product groups, regions and functional responsibilities
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills both written and oral and the capacity to influence outcomes across varied stakeholders
- Capacity to think strategically
- Good organization skills - ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize accordingly and make decisions as required
- Attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure and to provide practical solutions
- Demonstrate excellent people management skills and ability to influence key stakeholders outside their direct control
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top