Operations - Enterprise Operations - Payments, Ledgers, and Controls - Associate - Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
You are looking to join a fast-paced, dynamic team that has broad connectivity across the firm for a franchise critical process. You will collaborate with cross-Federation teams and across the globe to manage the firm's cash payments and receipts each day. You have a strong desire to learn about the firms different businesses and how they support our client and manage business risks, as well as work closely with a network of key banks and internal payments team to ensure smooth execution.
Enterprise Operations is a sub division of the Operations Division. As a global, multi-faceted and cross product sub division, the primary objectives are to mitigate counterparty credit risk through the active monitoring of clients' derivative and securities financing portfolios while optimizating the firm's liquidity. Enterprise Operations is currently 1500 staff strong globally, with regional presence in Salt Lake City, Dallas, New York, London, Bangalore, Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo, and many other offices working closely together.
The sub division has a rare opportunity to support products and business ranging from foreign exchange, commodities, credit, equity, interest rates, Repo, insurance/pensions and bespoke structured derivatives and arrangements. We manage a wide range of complex processes, with members developing skills and competencies around derivative and security products, funding projections, cash management, margin risk management, counterparty exposure management and their respective business areas, legal agreements, technology flows and regulations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Manage a portfolio of cash payments and receipts; work with business units to monitor payment, credit and sanctions risk with excellent senior management exposure
- Front line interaction with a network of key vendors across cash agent banks as well as central banks
- Ensuring accuracy and integrity of the firm's books and records
- Performing a number of payment control functions, ensuring the integrity of our processes
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree with 3-7 years of experience in financial services
- Solid, detailed understanding of US cash payments infrastructure (ACH, Fedwire, SWIFT) and payment processing (NACHA rules, returns, liabilities)
- Leveraging this payment knowledge, to work closely with our technology and project team to assist with payment system design and re-write
- Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top