Operations - Enterprise Operations - Ledger Integrity Ops Team - Associate - Salt Lake City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Are you looking to apply your accounting and analytical skills to discover and resolve exceptions in the firm's official books and records? Do you want to interact with all businesses in Goldman Sachs and deepen your understanding of their needs and supported flows? Our Global Control Ledger Integrity team is seeking a professional who is looking to collaborate with all divisions to ensure accuracy, completeness, and governance of the firm's books and records. You will develop expertise in identifying and resolving exceptions across all our supported groups, identify and implement enhancements to prevent exceptions, and exercise and develop all of your communication skills while coordinating with all impacted groups.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
The Ledger Integrity Team is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the firm's books and records. The team performs daily inter-company, external and internal reconciliations, reporting identified exceptions to responsible teams across Operations. The ledger integrity team strives to accurately and effectively compare internal books and records to external clearing agents such as BoNY and DTCC. The team performs inter-company reconciliations to help facilitate business transactions between a GS company and its affiliates. The Ledger Integrity team monitors reconciliations between the internal ledgers of the firm to ensure that the books and records on which our financial statements are based are accurate. We assess and report operational risks through the analysis of settlement and trade activity to allow the business to better manage their risk.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Prepare to gain a comprehensive understanding of the settlement and trade flows for all the firms businesses and how they interact with the books and records that are held both internally and externally
- Identify trends of issues causing exceptions and conduct deep-dives into technical issues to investigate and fix root causes spanning multiple teams and vendors
- Work with business partners to analyze and implement solutions and work-flows for new business opportunities
- Collaborate with a global team to leverage knowledge and best practices
- Showcase your attention to detail and ability to master the wide variety of break-sheets
- Develop strong and effective relationships with critical vendors which maintain books and records
- Highlight your ideas for improving processes and implement them globally to impact and uplift the entire process
- Work with senior technologists and project managers on key projects that are re-shaping the exception identification, communication, and resolution models
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree
- Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks with dynamic and aggressive deadlines
- Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal clients with differing levels of product experience
- Self-motivated and proactive team player, who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure in a team environment
- Experience communicating complex operational flows to varied audiences in verbal and written mediums
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top