Operations - Enterprise Operations - Collateral Management Team - Associate - Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Goldman Sachs is a meritocracy where you will be given all the tools to help you develop. At Goldman Sachs, you will have access to excellent training programmes designed to improve multiple facets of your skills portfolio. Our in-house training programme, 'Goldman Sachs University' offers a comprehensive series of courses that you will have access to as your career progresses. Goldman Sachs University has an impressive catalogue of courses which span technical, business and leadership skills training.
In order to help you navigate the organisation, you will be given a mentor from outside of your immediate department. This person will be positioned to provide you with objective advice and guidance on your career development.We value internal mobility. The chance to take on new challenges in the firm over time will ensure that you remain stimulated and will help in your continued professional and personal development
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem solving skills
- The role is client facing so the employee will require strong communication skill and should be highly articulate with a strong appreciation of client service
- Flexible to manage differing challenges and ever-increasing complex nature of transactions
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast moving environment. Team oriented approach to sharing workload and leverage skill sets
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to cope with rapidly changing priorities throughout the day are essential
- Strong attention to detail and multi-tasking skills to balance competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to generate creative solutions to problems and challenge processes, be willing to dig into the detail to resolve issues
- Familiarity with/ability to learn Excel macros and other functions
- Good working knowledge of product flows and systems, including OTC derivatives, cleared business, prime brokerage and intercompany processes
- Prior experience with the Margin Lending business, systems, flows, products and client base
- Evidence of experience working within Financial Services with exposure to Over the Counter Derivatives.
- Languages will be beneficial as the Analyst will be interacting with clients from across Europe
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top