Operations - Enterprise Operations - Client Due Diligence Ops - Analyst - Dallas
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Our IBD Client Onboarding team is seeking a professional who is looking to work with our Investment Banking advisory and financing clients along with a wide variety of individuals from the Investment Banking Division (IBD), Legal, Compliance, and Operations to facilitate an excellent client onboarding experience while mitigating risks associated with these sensitive banking transactions.
Operations span all product lines and markets, serving as internal business partners who develop the processes and controls, and help to specify the systems that deliver accuracy, timeliness and integrity to our business.
From a high level, Enterprise Operations (Ent Ops) supports the Securities, Investment Management and Investment Banking Divisions of the firm. This group manages key relationships for the bank and infrastructure providers, onboarding of institutional, prime brokerage clients, corporate clients, and assists in the coordination of issuance of new financial products.
As a member of the IBD Client Onboarding organization, the individual will specialize in the review of regulatory documentation (such as AML/KYC, Dodd Frank, EMIR, MiFID, FATCA, etc.) as well as non-regulatory documentation/information to ensure compliance with firm requirements to ultimately assist with the approval of new banking relationships. The individual will work directly with our internal partners, clients and bankers in a fast paced environment with precision and accuracy. The ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and communicate to all levels of the organization, including banking, legal, and compliance, is critical.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Partner with bankers to ensure a seamless onboarding from front to back and liaise with multiple parties to bring about execution of a transaction.
- Coordinate with internal and external clients to obtain relevant onboarding requirements
- Ensure due diligence is performed to comply with "Know Your Customer" regulations
- Develop expertise in the Firm's Anti Money Laundering/Customer Identification due diligence policies
- Draft procedures to reflect changing regulatory requirements
- Devise and implement process improvement efficiencies
- Approve the opening of new accounts
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree required
- Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail
- Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal clients with differing levels of product experience.
- Self-motivated and proactive team player who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure in a team environment.
- Knowledge of investment banking workflow and banking advisory services
- Knowledge of financial markets and products
- Knowledge of Customer Identification Programs (CIP)/Know Your Customer (KYC) a plus
- Understand structure of trading counterparts
- Ability to adapt to new changes and new challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive, self-motivated
- Prudent in escalating potential risk to the Firm
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top