Operations Engineering - Ops Analytics & Client Exp Eng - Senior Data Modeling and Curation Engineer
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Operations Division is the engine room that powers Goldman Sachs, and Operations Technology is driving their industrialization through automation, digitization and orchestration
The Ops Analytics & Client Experience Engineering team provides front to back business insights to Operations, Technology and business leadership on various functions through machine learning and data modeling implementations. We are now creating a new consultative service offering providing data modeling and curation services to multiple business areas within Goldman Sachs. These services will include, physical and logical data modeling, data transformation, curation, and facilitating access and delivery. Team members will use using a unified set of technology processes and tools, along with a standardized modelling language to streamline the process of data exchange between producers and consumers.
The team leverages a wide variety of cutting edge technologies including Hadoop, HBase, Spark, Apache Beam, Apache Flink, Kakfa, SQL, OLAP platforms, Presto, Hive, Java and Python.
This is how you will bring about a shift in our businesses:
• High quality curation, cataloguing and domain modeling to ensure that data is accessible and reliable
• Providing data-driven insight and decision-making critical to GS's business processes, in order to curate data in a scalable and effective manner
• Understanding existing and potential data sets in both an engineering and business context, allowing you to make insightful and strategic recommendations
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Establishing a critical new function that will help drive, shape and champion data modelling standards within the engineering organization
• Develop strategy and standards around data management and transmission, leading to effective mediation of data supply and demand
• Deploy modern data management tools to curate all dimensions of the metadata on our most important data sets, models and processes while identifying areas for process automation and further efficiencies
• Evaluate, select and acquire new internal & external data sets that contribute to business decision making
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 7-10 years of relevant work experience in a team-focused environment
• A Bachelor's degree in a computational field (Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or in a related quantitative discipline)
• Extensive knowledge and proven experience applying domain driven design to build complex business applications
• Deep understanding of multidimensionality of data, data curation and data quality, such as traceability, security, performance latency and correctness across supply and demand processes
• Experience in the use of SQL to retrieve/transform/analyse datasets
• General knowledge of business processes, data flows and the quantitative models that generate or consume data
• Excellent communications skills and the ability to work with subject matter expert to extract critical business concepts
• Independent thinker, willing to engage, challenge or learn
• Ability to stay commercially focused and to always push for quantifiable commercial impact
• Strong work ethic, a sense of ownership and urgency
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to collaborate effectively across global teams and communicate complex ideas in a simple manner
• Financial Services industry experience
• Working knowledge of more than one programming language (Python, Java, C++, C#, etc.)
• Experience with the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
• Understanding of applied statistics and fundamental ML principles and techniques
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top