Operations Engineering - Executive Assistant
WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Operations Division is the engine room that powers Goldman Sachs, and Operations Technology is driving their industrialization through automation, digitization and orchestration.
This is a full-time role providing assistant coverage for 5 Managing Directors and 3 senior managers within the Technology Division. This is a demanding role that requires a highly proactive, motivated and organised individual who is able to multitask, prioritise effectively and demonstrate excellent time management.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Comprehensive and pro-active diary management and scheduling of meetings (room bookings, documentation, Media Services for audio visual/video conference facilities)
- Preparation of detailed travel schedules and itineraries
- Assistance with visa requirements
- Extensive telephone duties - interaction with senior GS management, screening of calls and requests for meetings
- Timely administration of expenses (TEEMS)
- Assist visiting MDs - assisting with diary management, arranging offices, transportation, access to buildings and team events if required
- Log MDs weekly time on in-house system (Artemis)
- Entering MDs attendance at diversity events using in-house system
- Entering MDs whereabouts and vacation details using in-house system (GS Whereabouts/MyVacation Calendar)
- Coordination of management onsites and Townhalls
- Coordination of BU Communications (newsletters, welcome emails)
- Assist with IT issues and ad-hoc queries
- Invoice processing
- Expense reporting and management
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office, including Outlook, Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Proven track record on large event planning and coordination (100+ attendees)
- Ability to be proactive, use initiative, prioritise and multi-task
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills
- Strong secretarial background preferably within the financial services industry
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Professional, articulate and polished
- High level of written and excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills
- Professional, self motivated and flexible
- Proven track record in event planning and execution, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top