Operations Engineering - Controls Engineering - Java Developer
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Operations Division is the engine room that powers Goldman Sachs, and Operations Technology is driving their industrialization through automation, digitization and orchestration
The Control Engineering team is responsible for developing and enhancing control implementations and tooling to allow preventative, longitudinal, bilateral, and detective controls to be supported across the front-to-back architecture across Operations Engineering. We undertake a key role in the architecture of the control platforms, and our success contributes directly to the efficient functioning of the firm's trading and sales operations on a day-to-day basis.
The team are responsible for the build out of Trade Tracker and Front-to-Back Trade Search platforms
• Trade Tracking platform: a real-time transaction high volume low latency NoSQL based flow monitoring solution solving the "where's my trade" use case by creating real-time linkages across trade flow and complex event processing breach detection engine to identify blockages / backlogs. Platform eliminates and manages the costly issues by providing visibility on each transaction across our distributed environments through completeness and timeliness controls. Upcoming enhancements include support for 10X volumes (over 100MM) trade activities per day, complex graph based breach detection scenarios and data lake integration. Platform built with ElasticSearch, Redis, Kafka, Esper, REST and many more.
• Front-to-Back Trade Search platform: a trade search tool across Derivative and Security asset classes enabling Sales, Traders and Operations teams to have a Google-style search front-end with a FedEx-like tracking of trades through front-to-back trade processing flow that enables teams to support client queries and trade data analysis significantly uplifting the efficiency. Upcoming enhancements includes support for graphs based model of trade flows, real-time event streaming search corpus enrichment and aggregation and continued build out across all derivative and securities asset classes. Platform built with ElasticSearch, Kafka, Node.JS, AngularJS, Selenium, graph database and many more.
The team is passionate about solving complex technical problems, delivering innovative, resilient and performant systems.
As a member of our team you will work closely with business and technical colleagues locally in London, Warsaw, New York and Bengaluru, to solve challenging technical problems, and deliver cutting-edge technical solutions to meet evolving business demands. Effective problem-solving, consensus building, and a highly-developed analytical and technical skill set are essential to your success.
We run an Agile (Scrum) team with iterative feedback loops with our clients and continual improvement of the team's processes. We are looking for talented engineers who have an insatiable appetite for learning, passionate about building commercial/innovative solutions and developing highly effective teams.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Driven with Strong Analytical, Design & Architecture Skills
• Ability to efficiently work within a global team.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Good team player and good interpersonal skills.
• Self starter and able to work in a high paced environment.
• Must be willing to handle first line support calls and work on a support rota
• Maintain a focus on quality, attention to detail, communication and delivery to tight timescales.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 2+ years of experience in developing Core Java and Web applications
• Webapp development using HTML5/AngularJS
• Strong skills in Web services, JDBC, Spring, Hibernate (or similar ORM), Design Patterns & solid skills in XML.
• Strong OO design skills and experience
• Familiarity with testing frameworks (JUnit/TestNG/Mokito/Fitnesse/Cucumber) and concepts (Test Driven Development, Regression and Parametric Testing)
• Strong working knowledge of RDBMS (Sybase / DB2) skills including transact SQL
• Strong Linux / Unix skills including scripting (shell), Maven
• Strong working knowledge of Big Data and NoSQL Solutions (Elastic Search, Hadoop) includes MapReduce, Hive, Spark
• Knowledge of Business Process Management solutions such as JBPM
• Knowledge of financial markets would be an advantage
• Knowledge of workflow solutions using BPMN (eg jBPM, Camunda)
• Experience in Kafka Streaming / Sparking Streaming / Akka
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top