Operations Engineering - Client Tax Tech - Java Developer
As a developer within Tax Operations Technology team, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining one or more components for the team?s applications using various industry and in house technologies. You will work with other team members on larger multi-month projects with Tax Ops to understand their requirements, propose solutions, prototype and implement your design.
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don?t just make things ? we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Operations Division is the engine room that powers Goldman Sachs, and Operations Technology is driving their industrialization through automation, digitization and orchestration
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Design and implement systems for Client Tax functions with high scalability and throughput operating on big data platforms
- Partner with the other teams within and outside of Technology and Strats organization to leverage our deep technical intellectual property and products from across the firm, while also delivering best-of-breed commercial-quality enterprise applications
- Be hands-on and take ownership of issues to ensure follow-through
- Have strong communication skills and feel comfortable working in a global team that both welcomes and challenges new ideas
- Improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
- Build software components quickly, yet responsibly with solid testing
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong Java developer with proven experience in designing and building efficient, maintainable software
- Experience encompassing the full software development lifecycle
- Experience in one or multiple technologies like Databases (RDBMS, NoSQL), Messaging, Streaming
- Minimum experience of 2 years
- Working experience in a financial institution and having a good understanding of OTC and Listed products
- Experience in User Interface, rules and workflow platforms
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top