Operations Engineering - Administrative Assistant
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Operations Division is the engine room that powers Goldman Sachs, and Operations Technology is driving their industrialization through automation, digitization and orchestration
This is a full-time role providing assistant coverage senior managers within the Technology Division. This is a demanding role that requires a highly proactive, motivated and organised individual who is able to multitask, prioritize effectively and demonstrate excellent time management
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Provides administrative support in a complex team environment to a senior group or executive.
• Coordinates complex, senior-level internal/ external meetings and conference calls.
• Handles a high volume of phones calls and interacts with high level business leaders in a professional and effective manner.
• Supports internal and external managers or clients.
• Maintains complex and extremely detailed calendars and prioritizes meeting requests and related logistics
• Coordinates a high volume of domestic and international travel arrangements and processes expense reports.
• Maintains understanding of firm policies and handles certain issues independently.
• On-boards new hires, processes new employees, transfers, termination, etc.
• Responsible for participation in general administrative duties (copying, filing, faxing, archiving), ad-hoc projects, committees and or group events.
• Orders supplies and keeps inventory well-stocked.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• High attention to detail.
• Ability to maintain high standards despite pressing deadlines.
• Ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently
• Ability to handle highly sensitive, confidential and non-routine information.
• Self-starter with excellent anticipation skills; problem solving; follow up
• Demonstrated dependability and sense of urgency about getting results.
• Demonstrates high degree of integrity and confidentiality.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Comfortable working with people at all organizational levels.
• Comfortable working in a sometimes hectic, high pressure environment.
• Ability to display a consistent, professional degree of communication. Ability to work well under pressure, adapt to unexpected events, prioritize and multi-task in a deadline driven environment.
• Must be able to prioritize a variety of time-sensitive tasks.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top