Operations - Divisional Risk Management - Operations Business Resilience - Vice President - New York
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Are you looking to apply your analysis, stakeholder management and presentation skills in order to ensure the Division responds swiftly and effectively to crisis events? Operations Business Resilience is looking for a VP capable of directing the Division's immediate response to crisis events and executing in-place recovery protocols. The role is primarily related to the execution of all OBR processes for the region. Additionally the role will involve participating in global OBR initiatives as your knowledge base builds. In this role you will interface with global stakeholders and senior leaders in Operations, Risk, Compliance and the Office for Global Security. OBR sits within the Ops Crisis Response and Resiliency team and other responsibilities may follow related to the wider portfolio of work.
Operations Business Resilience (OBR) leads the division's business resilience planning and testing, regulatory BCP input and crisis response.
The OBR remit includes planning for as well as recovery from disruptions to Operation's business as a result of traditional threats (weather, building, political etc), technology threats (cyber, application failure etc) and market disruptions (payment issues, Eurozone crisis etc). The team provides the Division's 24/7 coverage for crisis response as part of the larger firmwide Immediate Response Team global network overseen by the Office for Global Security. The role includes leveraging key contacts in the division, as well as using personal initiative to ensure appropriate judgement in both planning and crisis recovery. OBR are the Division's contact for firmwide BCP regarding regional firmwide strategy, governance and other initiatives.
OBR initiatives are focused on regulatory issues, risk, efficiency and technology. They include: response to regulatory inquiries, enhancement of cross regional handoff strategy, footprint analysis including analysis of functional and technology concentration risk, consideration of new technology platforms and tools and increased focus on data and risk reporting.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelors / Undergraduate Degree
- Professional work experience, with previous experience in Operations, the Financial Services industry, Project Management or Management Consulting
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Ability to operate independently and effectively drive multiple initiatives
- Demonstrate excellent process and interpersonal skills
- Ability to engage with and influence stakeholders outside their direct control
- Ability to combine tactical and strategic thinking
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, written and oral; confident in interaction with senior stakeholders
- Strategic thinker with strong business analysis and planning skills. Capable of identifying and interpreting wider-ranging issues
- Big picture understanding
- Provides creative & innovative solutions
- Strong organization skills - ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly
- Exemplary attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure
- Demonstrate understanding of Operations processes and procedures and an ability to learn quickly
- Knowledge of products and processes related to the financial services industry would be an advantage, as is related experience in a client service or business function and / or management consulting
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of job-related operational and compliance procedures
- Understands and appropriately addresses Goldman Sachs compliance and reputational judgment issues
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top