Operations, Derivatives Trade Management (FICC) - Documentation & Txn Review - Analyst - Singapore
Operations spans all product lines and markets, serving as internal business partners who develop the processes and controls and help to specify the systems that deliver accuracy, timeliness and integrity to our business.
The Commodities Derivatives Documentation team is responsible for the checkout, confirmation, retrieval and affirmation of vanilla and structured commodities trades. The team engages with the business, federation, and clients to actively manage the firm's confirmation and booking risk across multiple products. We foster a strong partnership with the Business to help grow the franchise business and execute on new trading strategies. There is a strong commitment to continuously improving our business facilitation and risk management framework so it is optimal in its efficiency and can better serve our clients' needs.
These responsibilities also involve providing support to the desk regarding client documentation issues and liaising with the Legal and Credit departments on language for documentation. In addition to these tasks, the team also focuses on process management and business initiatives.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Build and maintain a strong Business relationship with various trading, banking and sales desks across Asia
- Coordinate with external clients and internal teams to resolve discrepancies or exceptions to ensure the timely execution verbal affirmations and legal confirmations
- Partner with Legal, Compliance and Operations team to ensure full compliance with financial regulatory reforms, internal risk management protocols and industrywide market practice
- Implement Firm polices for governing the confirmation process to strengthen fraud prevention controls globally
- Support the buildout of systems and process to accommodate regulatory, industry, and new business initiatives
- Partner with regional and global Operations teams to execute on broad base strategies and projects
SKILLS WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Documentation experience, ideally within Commodities, will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of current industry/regulatory focuses, ISDA documentation framework, SWIFT confirmations and structured transactions a plus.
- BA or BS degree required
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel and Word
- Excellent team player, able to work well inside a group and broadly across an organization
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize own workload and drive results
- Ability to multitask and work in high pressure environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated confidence in communicating in a variety of forums and with varied audiences
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment; able to work independently and as a self-starter, as appropriate
- Attention to details and a sense of urgency in escalating and resolving outstanding issues
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top