Operations - Derivatives & Clearing - Corporate Loan Servicing - Associate - Dallas
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Corporate Loan Servicing team is seeking a driven professional who is looking to support our Corporate Loans book comprised of multiple revenue desks, collaborate across divisions and mitigate risk, all in a fast paced and demanding environment. The analyst is expected to use their understanding of financial analytics and accounting to manage a portfolio of Corporate Loans on behalf of the firm.
Corporate Loan Servicing is a high-value support and risk management team in Operations that is responsible for life cycle events and cash movement on a large portfolio of Bank Loans (Par, Distressed and Trade Claims) across several revenue divisions.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the bank loan business through the servicing of a portfolio of syndicated corporate bank debt
- Develop your critical thinking by investigating and resolving transactional issues
- Enhance your industry knowledge through settlement of complex loan trades
- Cultivate your problem solving skills through managing and reviewing complex legal documents pertaining to the syndicated bank loan portfolio
- Build your communication skills through daily interactions with the firm's external business counterparts, such as agent banks, clients and trading partners
- Showcase your ability to function as a team player in a highly collaborative environment while working closely with internal stakeholders such as the Business Groups, Middle Office, Strats, Legal, Tax, Controllers, Technology, etc.
- Collaborate with Corporate Loan teams in New York, London, Bengaluru and Asia on initiatives supporting global markets
- Participate in industry initiatives facilitated by the Loan Syndications and Trading Association (LSTA)
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of one to two years of experience in financial services
- Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail
- Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal clients with differing levels of product experience
- Self-motivated and proactive team player, who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure in a team environment
- Financial or quantitative educational background
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top