MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Operations span all product lines and markets, serving as internal business partners who develop the processes and controls, and help to specify the systems that deliver accuracy, timeliness and integrity to our business
We are looking for a professional who wants to use their skills and experience to help deliver on operations agenda while challenging themselves to further their career at Goldman Sachs.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
Private Wealth Management (PWM) Operations supports Private Wealth Management, which is responsible for advising wealthy individuals on strategies to build and protect their financial assets through highly customized advice and service. PWM Operations is instrumental in meeting our clients' needs and is responsible for the development, service delivery and control of global private banking; proprietary and open architecture alternative investment vehicles; derivatives trading; bookkeeping, accounting, performance measurement and reporting of Goldman-custodied assets and away-custodied assets; multiple externally managed account platforms; and multiple custody services.
PWM Operations provides many development opportunities for dedicated, high-performing professionals. Depending on requirements, there may be learning opportunities in other groups within PWM Operations. The opportunity exists for interested and proven team member (subject to business and team needs).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
This position will involve extensive interaction with various teams within PWM Operations and Technology. Data on client statements is controlled by various teams within PWM. The client reporting team is entrusted with the responsibility of liasoning with these teams and ensuring the timely and accurate transmission of client statements. In addition the team also co-ordinates regulatory and ad-hoc mailing for wealth management clients.
The team is responsible for the following functions:
• Checkout of client statements
• Liasoning with teams for ensuring data accuracy
• Transmission of statements to the print vendor.
• Statement returns/bounce back management
• Metrics reporting to management on a daily basis.
• Co-ordination of regulatory and other ad-hoc mailing for PWM clients
• Manage changes for client statement disclosures and footnotes.
The candidate will be expected to gain thorough knowledge of the function and relevant risk management systems within first 12 months.
• Years of experience should be 4-7 years
• Good communication skills & ability to clearly elaborate the issues is crucial as significant part of the job
• Strong sense of attention to details
• Very strong financial risk awareness
• Strong analytical and logical skills
• Forward thinking, with the ability to assert new ideas and follow them through
• Ability to go through large daily volumes and stay focused throughout the day
• Self motivated team player, ownership, accountability, organizational/prioritization skills, proactive, ability to multitask, ambitious, independent, positive mindset
• Good PC skills - MS Office
• Commerce degree from tier-1 institute with exposure in Finance.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB