Operations - Confirms Servicing Settlements - Trading Control Ops - Analyst - Salt Lake City
Are you looking to broaden your technical understanding of the Client Commission Management organization? CCM is looking for an analyst to join the team. You will have the opportunity to learn about Client Commission Arrangements and facilitate payments to vendors.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading, and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm’s assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
The Client Commission Management business unit is seeking an analyst to join the team in Salt Lake City. The position includes helping drive the strategy of an evolving organization, and partnering with many stakeholders to meet the needs of the business. This includes regular interaction with various GS teams including the Sales Desk, Operations, and Technology as well as interaction with external parties such as 3rd party vendors.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Risk Management – Manage the risk of multiple functions that span the life cycle of a vendor payment (i.e. commission reconciliation, invoice matching, payment submission)
- Strategy – Providing thought leadership to execute on and grow the CCM strategy; this includes:
- Realignment to new Sec Ops Org Structure – Realign functions from other teams within and outside of the Business unit
- Establish New Controls for Sec Ops – Partner with Technology to design, build and operate effective controls in a STP environment
- Redefine Roles within Organization – Provide control design expertise; responsible for the implementation of the control framework as part of new business/activities and migration to strategic architecture
- Create new Roles within Organization – Develop Business Intelligence capabilities that would identify risk derived from the correlation of quantitative and qualitative data
- Industry/Regulatory Change Management – Keep abreast of regulatory change and participate in industry forums
- Industrialization – Champion reengineering programs with the goal of increasing efficiencies globally
- Relationship Management – Foster relationships across multiple areas in the Firm including trading desks, operations, technology, legal and compliance departments and global groups
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Basic Qualifications•BS/BA degree
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence a wide range of stakeholders
- Risk management focus
- Capability to prioritize and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized individual with attention to detail and excellent follow-through skills
- Ability to balance tactical and strategic thinking
- Proactive, self-motivated individual with high levels of ownership, and driven to achieve
- Project management skills
- Experience with change management or process improvement a plus
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top