Operations - Confirms Servicing Settlements - Securities Settlements - Analyst - SLC
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
YOUR IMPACT The Securities Settlements team within Securities Division Operations (SDO) is seeking a skilled professional who will help manage settlements for the Americas. In this role, you will apply your quantitative, problem solving and customer service skills to support the various business units and clients. You will also play a key role in suggesting and implementing process improvements on the team to mitigate risks and enhance the overall client experience. OUR IMPACT Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve the firm?s assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow. Securities Settlements is a dynamic team in Operations that processes and controls the settlement of all asset types, transfer of electronic and physical assets relating to company distributions, client trades, and the restructuring of client portfolios. Creativity, adaptability, effective communication, and commitment to excellence are key characteristics of successful team members. Through great relationship management and very detailed execution, we create the best solutions for our business and their clients. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Prepare to gain a comprehensive understanding of the trade lifecycle by interacting with the business, middle office, legal, compliance, and external parties in order to work toward the shared goal
- Partner with expert teams to review assets and transfers from start to finish to ensure a seamless process for our clients
- Showcase your attention to detail by ensuring all transaction details are correctly captured
- Use your inquisitive mindset to identify control gaps with respect to transfer process. Propose enhancements to current processes in an effort to effectively mitigate risk.
- Leverage your innovative skills to identify ways to continually progress current processes
- Mitigate risk for the firm and our clients by using precision in execution
- Perpetuate the firm?s tradition of excellence in the quality of our work, interactions, and services
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree with some experience in financial services
- Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail
- Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues and concepts to a wide array of internal partners with differing levels of product experience
- Self-motivated and proactive team player who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational skills, as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure in a team environment
- Strong dedication to the culture of excellence of the firm
- Experience in transfer of assets function in the Financial Industry
- Leadership roles in collaborative projects
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top