Operations – Confirms Servicing Settlements - Securities Settlements - Analyst - Salt Lake City
Are you looking to apply your quantitative skills while deepening your understanding of securities products? Our Americas Securities Settlements team is seeking a professional who is looking to collaborate with the Business, Agent Banks and Custodians, and a broad range of Operations support teams to mitigate settlement risks and increase business opportunities.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm’s assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
Securities Operations supports the Securities, Investment Management and Investment Banking Divisions of the Firm. The Americas Settlements Department manages the procedural, risk and reporting functions involved in the trade settlement process across multiple Firm entities in US (DTC/FED), Canadian, Latin American, and international markets. Trade settlement covers multiple product types (i.e. Equity, Govt, Mortgages) and is inclusive of ‘vanilla’ bilateral trading; Syndicate Deals and client account asset transfers. As market regulations evolve, the team works to ensure proper controls are in place to mitigate risk, and strives to enhance the Firm’s technology infrastructure to meet new client business requirements.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Prepare to gain a comprehensive understanding of the trade and settlement lifecycle by interacting with multiple Trading Desks, Securities Lending, Custodian banks, Prime Services, Private Wealth Management, Asset Servicing, Middle Office, Global Control, Funding Operations, and other global Operations teams in order to work toward the shared goal of risk mitigation
- Showcase your attention to detail; risk manage day-to-day settlement activities in US (DTC & FED), Canadian, Latin American and International markets while providing exceptional client service
- Grow with the team; develop a deeper understanding of all processes to become a subject matter expert within Securities Settlements and Operations more broadly
- Use your inquisitive mindset to identify control weaknesses and areas to improve efficiencies within the settlement lifecycle
- Leverage your quantitative skills to decompose trending analysis and propose creative robust solutions. Understand process flows and market requirements to help direct global convergence strategies; and implement process improvements by partnering with Technology
- Ensure risk, control and service level requirements are maintained
- Build on commercial effectiveness between firm desks and settlements while maintaining control/risk based judgment
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Basic Qualifications•Bachelor’s degree
- Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail
- Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal clients with differing levels of product experience
- Self-motivated and proactive team player, who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Flexible and able to work under time critical constraints and execute to deadlines in a high pressure environment
- Self-starter – Ability and motivation to learn new functions quickly
- Demonstrate accountability, integrity and quality of work
- Experience in project planning, coordination and implementation
Preferred Qualifications•Quantitative educational background
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top