Operations - Confirms Servicing Settlements - Exchange & Clearance Ops - Associate - Salt Lake City
Are you an experienced operations professional looking to drive operational strategy, lead and mentor a small but growing team, and enhance process and technology? Do you enjoy working in a fast pace environment and have Trade related experience on either the Client or Street side?
The Exchange & Clearing Operations (ECO) business unit is seeking an Associate to join our growing team in Salt Lake City focusing on street side reconciliations and ETF processing. Your role will include regular interaction with Trading Desks, External Counterparties, and other divisions of the firm such as Controllers, Technology, Legal and Compliance.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm’s assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
Confirms, Servicing & Settlement (CSS) Operations supports the Securities, Investment Management and Investment Banking Divisions of the firm. This group manages key relationships for the bank and infrastructure providers, onboarding of institutional and prime brokerage clients, and assists in the coordination of issuance of new financial products. Additional functions include settlement of trades, managing loans and borrow contracts, as well as handling a variety of asset servicing events.
HOW YOU WILL FILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Grow and challenge a talented group of individuals at varying stages of their career
- Manage the risk of multiple functions that span the life cycle of a trade especially for ETF products
- Providing thought leadership and growing the control and quality management strategy
- Establish new controls for CSS Operations by partnering with Technology to design, build, and operate in a straight through processing (STP) environment
- Responsible for the implementation of the control framework as part of new business/activities and migration to strategic architecture
- Develop business intelligence capabilities able to identify risk
- Partner with Securities Division Operations (SDO) and GSS business action client requests for new trading flows
- Work with customers and counterparties to finalize details of clearing agreements
- Foster relationships across multiple areas in the Firm including trading desks, operations, technology, legal and compliance departments and global groups
- Keep up-to-date with regulatory change and participate in industry forums
- Champion reengineering programs with the goal of increasing efficiencies globally
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Basic Qualifications• Bachelor’s degree
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Self-motivated and proactive team player, who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence a wide range of stakeholders
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure
- Proactive, self-motivated individual with high levels of ownership, and driven to achieve
- Highly organized individual with attention to detail and excellent follow-through skills
Preferred Qualifications• Comprehensive knowledge of ETF products and operations
- Ability to balance tactical and strategic thinking
- Risk management focus
- Project management, change management or process improvement experience is a plus
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top