Operations - Confirms Servicing Settlements - Derivative Settlements - Associate - Salt Lake City
Derivative Settlements is seeking a professional with strong communication skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment, managing all cash flows and associated risks related to derivative transactions across our America’s client base.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm’s assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
Derivative Settlements is a high-value risk and client facing team in Operations that across multiple asset classes, ensures the economics of our derivative transactions and the delivery of any cash flow exposures are appropriately risk managed.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Prepare to gain a comprehensive understanding of the trade lifecycle and associated cash flows by interacting with trading and sales in addition to middle office, treasury and valuations.
- Partner with a team of settlement experts to deliver top notch client service while ensuring exposure risks are appropriately mitigated.
- Showcase your attention to detail and ability to manage several tasks at once by ensuring all trade economics and discrepancies are appropriately investigated and resolved, while managing client expectations and potential fail exposure.
- Identify processes and controls improvement by leveraging constant evolving tools that can be used to build scalability without introducing new risks.
- Grow with the team; develop a deep understanding of the businesses that are supported, the market landscape that can drive innovation and change, and how as a team and individual, you can play a role in it.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Basic Qualifications• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three years of experience in financial services for Associate role
- Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail
- Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal clients with differing levels of product experience
- Self-motivated and proactive team player who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure in a team environment
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top