Operations - Confirms Servicing Settlements - Confirmations - Associate - Salt Lake City
Are you looking to apply your problem solving abilities and creative thinking while deepening your understanding of derivative products and industry regulatory requirements? Salt Lake City Confirmations Drafting Group is looking for a highly motivated individual with excellent teamwork, organizational, communication and risk management skills. You will need to multi-task well and be able to adapt quickly to an ever-changing list of demands. The role will require extensive coordination and interaction with various Operations teams, Sales & Trading, Technology, Compliance, Legal and other professionals across the firm to mitigate risks associated with the documentation and support of derivative transactions.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm’s assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
Confirmations Servicing Settlements (CSS) Operations is responsible for ensuring efficient and accurate transaction processing across a broad range of products. Generally, the products supported are complex instruments that require close alignment with our Business partners. A key focus for the organization is establishing strong risk management procedures and controls to ensure the firm and our clients are properly protected. CSS Operations is at the forefront of shaping and driving change in the industry with the ultimate aim of delivering greater accuracy, control and efficiency for our clients and our businesses.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL:
- Build and maintain a strong business relationship with derivative trading desks and ensure that their queries and requests are appropriately addressed
- Prepare and review legal documentation of non-standard derivative trade documentation with Trading, Legal and outside counsel
- Partner with Trading and other Operations teams to provide commentary on legal language and insight for long-term support requirements
- Ensure control measures are in place and applied to support existing and new structured transactions
- Ensure confirmations accurately incorporate the appropriate ISDA Definitions, Supplements and MCAs
- Coordinating with external clients to ensure timely execution of confirmations and resolve all outstanding queries on documentation
- Participate in enhancement projects with Technology and other Operations colleagues, with an aim to improving scalability and efficiency of the confirmation process
- Design and initiate process improvements with thorough understanding of template architecture and system flows
- Respond to an ever-evolving regulatory environment by:
- Developing expertise in regulatory requirements and acting as a consultant to translate these regulatory requirements into functional requirements
- Analyzing regulatory compliance data
SKILLS & EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Basic QualificationsPreferred candidate will have minimum 3 years of operations experience, preferably in derivatives. Ideal candidate should have an understanding of credit derivatives, including the current regulatory environment. Knowledge of current industry focuses and structured transactions a plus.
- BA or BS degree is required; concentration in finance or legal studies a plus
- Excellent team player, able to work well inside a group and broadly across an organization
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize own workload and drive results
- Familiarity with the firm’s risk and control framework
- Ability to multitask and work in high pressure environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated confidence in communicating in a variety of forums and with varied audiences, including: formal presentations, training sessions, larger meeting venues, and with external/internal clients
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment; able to work independently and as a self-starter, as appropriate
- Attention to detail, particularly with regard to legal language and a sense of urgency in escalating and resolving outstanding issues
- Demonstrated commitment to quality controls and procedures
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent PC skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
Preferred Qualifications•Understanding of the derivatives industry
- Project management experience
- Legal documentation experience
- Experience working with legal counsel and external customers a plus
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top