Operations - Confirmations Servicing Settlements - Tax Operations - Associate - Salt Lake City
Are you looking to join a highly visible and growing global organization operating in a constantly changing environment? Our Tax Operations team is seeking an experienced, energetic and driven professional to work with a diverse team across the globe in supporting new regulatory documentation requirements.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm’s assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
Tax Operations is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the firm’s compliance with reporting authorities around the globe and managing related inquiries from a variety of the firm’s businesses across established and emerging markets. Day-to-day production functions include accurate and timely account documentation and monitoring, withholding, client information reporting, and regulatory filings. The team also provides critical subject matter expertise and functionally-aligned support during the design, testing and implementation of related systems and processes. The team capitalizes on opportunities to optimize procedures and build scalability through data analytics and efficient use of technology.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Review client tax documentation and supporting Know Your Customer evidence (KYC)
- Ensure accurate & appropriate tax withholding and remittance
- Develop expert-level knowledge of relevant tax systems, procedures and requirements
- Act as a risk manager for the firm through ongoing assessment and awareness of the tax regulatory environment and the firm’s adherence to its tax reporting obligations
- Work with teams across regions to drive issue resolution
- Generate new ideas to create efficiencies and reduce risk
- Be flexible and contribute to other activities as requested
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Basic Qualifications•Bachelor degree and at least 5 years relevant work experience in Operations, Accounting, Finance or related field
- Proven ability to prioritize workload to drive results and solve problems
- Thrives in a team environment, possesses strong interpersonal skills
- Remains composed under pressure, prioritizes and makes decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail; flexible, proactive, self-starter
Preferred Qualifications•Strong data analysis skills and experience with Microsoft Excel and Access / basic SQL
- Prior tax operations related work experience
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top