Operations – Business Architecture & Change Management – Ops Business Intelligence - Associate – Salt Lake City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Are you looking to apply your quantitative skills while deepening your understanding of how businesses improve with data analytics? The Operations Business Intelligence team is seeking a data science professional who will design and implement analytics that will drive insights and continuous improvement and find new business opportunities within the Operations Division.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Operations Business Intelligence Team leads high priority, cross-divisional business analytics initiatives while addressing developments in key strategic data architecture. In close partnership with operations and technology managers, Business Intelligence uses advanced analytics and data modeling to innovate high-value methods of making a more data-driven environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Partner with a team of other specialists and technologists to redefine business intelligence architecture to ensure we provide a solid foundation for data analytics across client, product, region, etc that is scalable as the environment changes
- Prepare to gain a comprehensive understanding of the onboarding lifecycle by interacting with Operations, Compliance and Sales specialists, in addition to middle office, legal, credit, product control, and documentation teams in order to work toward the shared goal of better transparency and driving our business decisions using data
- Use your inquisitive mind set to identify control weaknesses and raise the level of transparency around them
- Grow with the team; develop a deeper understanding of complex analytics and work with our business partners to progress our insight capture capabilities
Skills and Experience We're Looking For
- Minimum of 4-5 years of professional experience
- Minimum of 1 year of data science/analytics experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience building predictive and/or machine learning models (regressions, clustering, classification, etc.) and performance evaluation techniques
- Proficient in statistical scripting software/packages such as R, Python, MATLAB, STATA, SAS, etc
- Experience with analyzing disparate data sets and using large scale querying and aggregation techniques like (SQL, NoSQL)
- An effective team player who is passionate about providing innovative solutions for complex business needs a proactive self-starter, able to manage own time, priorities and independently identify and complete tasks
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills both written and oral
- Strong delivery focus with a proven track record of achieving results and demonstrating proficiency in managing multiple competing tasks on a daily basis
- Ability to work quickly and under tight delivery deadlines with a strong attention to details
- Exceptional complex problem-solving skills
- Ability to socialize ideas and influence outcomes across stakeholders with competing demands
- Previous experience in Operations, Financial Services or Manufacturing
- Basic knowledge of computer programming fundamentals (Object Oriented Programming, algorithms, etc.)
- Experience with implementing data-driven improvement frameworks such as Six Sigma, Total Quality Management, or Statistical Process Control
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top