Operations - Business Architecture & Change Management - Change Delivery: BDM - Decision Modeler - Analyst/Associate - Salt Lake City
Are you looking to be involved in building solutions for strategic global projects and developing an expertise in decision modeling? The Decision Modeling & Governance team in Operations is seeking a Business Decision Modeling (BDM) Associate who will collaborate with Business, Operations and Technology partners to generate requirements and implement logical models for business rules. The Decision Modeler will help enhance the Operations Division’s ability to drive continuous improvement through excellence in business decision design, methodology and implementation.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control functions to preserve and enhance the firm’s assets and reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that make business flow.
Business Architecture & Change Management (BACM) is a global cross-Operations team that acts as a center of change and project management excellence for Operations. BACM plans and executes Operations projects with significant risk and / or strategy implications in partnership with business units and technology.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Develop a deep expertise in the theory and craft of Business Decision Modeling (BDM), which is essential to virtually all new strategic projects across Operations
- Collaborate with subject matter experts in the business, project managers and technologists to articulate business and software requirements including business rules, data models, decision requirements, etc.
- Conduct business analysis, creation and testing of Decision models based on decision requirements
- Leverage your negotiation and relationship skills as you work with Operations, Technology and Business project sponsors and stakeholders to build complex solutions while balancing competing priorities
- Serve as a subject matter expert in Decision modeling for the Operations community
- Actively seek out ways to improve processes, reduce risk, increase productivity and lower costs
- Expand your own knowledge and understanding of architecture and design techniques over time with Business Process Management and Business Intelligence
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Basic Qualifications•Bachelor’s Degree with 2+ year’s work experience
- Analytical, self-motivated, detail-oriented with strong problem solving skills
- Ability to manage several projects/tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate clearly with end users, development managers and other stakeholders
- Must be highly collaborative and enjoy and perform well in a consensus-driven, team environment
Preferred Qualifications•Programming experience
- Puzzling, puzzle building
- Experience with Decision Modeling software (Sapiens Decision, Signavio, BlazeAdvisor, BizzDesign, etc.)
- Experience in Business Processes Modeling/Management (Signavio, ARIS, Visio, etc.)
- Experience in financial services Operations, process improvement or other relevant field
- Knowledge of BPMN 2.0, DMN
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top