Operations - Business Architecture & Change Management - Capability Development & Management - Analyst - Salt Lake City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
Are you looking to use your product management and communications skills to drive high priority and strategic initiatives to help shape Operations' broader product and capabilities vision while expanding on your leadership skills and visibility across the entire Goldman Sachs organization? Our Business Architecture and Change Management team is seeking a professional who is looking to collaborate with a broad set of stakeholders to deliver products that play an important role in Operations' day-to-day business. You will play an instrumental role in defining the product strategy and in delivering the product by working with the technology teams and vendor teams.
Applied Platform Solutions and Services (APSS) Capability Development & Management team leads high priority, cross-Operations initiatives, addressing key strategic issues and functional architecture. In close partnership with Operations and Technology managers, Capability Development & Management helps to shape and implement operations' global technology strategy to meet business goals. Capability Development & Management aids in ensuring technology investments deliver efficiencies and control, and balances tactical and strategic spend. The immediate area for this role is supporting the development of cross-Operations applications; the successful candidate will have some experience of application/product development lifecycle, from defining the application scope and operating principles to being involved on a team developing detailed design for workflow, through to testing and go-live. The successful candidate will ideally have some UX experience (whether visual design, information flows etc.) and be able to inform design discussions on how to make the end user experience as rich and positive as possible. The successful candidate will also have some change management experience, and be familiar with the process of creating training needs analyses, training materials and end user communications. The successful candidate will have experience of working on complex projects and competing priorities across multiple work streams with a view to managing and executing key deliverables across various project phases, and will have experience of creating and maintaining project plans.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Provide support for priority cross-operations strategic initiatives, including analysis, business requirements, senior management communications and program execution
- Support all phases of major initiative development from concept through tangible deliverables, resulting in multi-year implementation plans for significant segments of Operations' strategic architecture
- Interact comfortably with stakeholders and other constituents at all levels in Operations and Technology
- Create and manage project plans for product enhancements and related project initiatives
- Partner with Operations business units to assess and streamline processes in order to mitigate risk or control issues and generate efficiencies
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 18 months experience in investment banking operations and business analysis/project execution
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project & Visio or other business process management software
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both written and oral; confident in interaction with all levels of employees and navigating organizations
- Ability to rapidly assimilate complex concepts and form practical solutions
- Be highly collaborative, team orientated and a strong consensus builder
- Self-motivated and well organized; proven track record; ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritise accordingly and make decisions as required
- Strong background in product management and strategy and good numerical analytical ability
- Background in technology including understanding of technology architecture would be an added advantage
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top