Operations – Business Architecture & Change Management – Business Intelligence: Enterprise Operations – Analyst – New York/Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Are you looking to apply your quantitative skills while deepening your understanding of how businesses improve with data analytics? The Operations Business Intelligence team is seeking a data science professional who will design and implement analytics that will drive insights and continuous improvement and find new business opportunities within the Operations Division.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
Operations Business Intelligence leads high priority, cross-divisional business analytics initiatives while addressing developments in key strategic data architecture. In close partnership with operations and technology managers, Business Intelligence uses advanced analytics and data modeling to innovate high-value methods of making a more data-driven environment.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Partner with business specialists and technologists to define business intelligence architecture to allow analytics across client, product, region, and other dimensions that scale as our environment changes
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the onboarding lifecycle by interacting with Operations, Compliance and Sales specialists, in addition to middle office, legal, credit, product control, and documentation teams in order to work toward the shared goal of better transparency and driving business decisions using data
- Use your inquisitive mind set to identify control weaknesses and raise the level of transparency around them
- Grow with the team; develop a deeper understanding of complex analytics and work with our business partners to progress our insight capture capabilities
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum of 1-3 years of professional experience
- Minimum of 1 year of data science/analytics experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience building predictive and/or machine learning models (regressions, clustering, classification, etc.) and performance evaluation techniques
- Proficient in statistical scripting software/packages such as R, Python, MATLAB, STATA, SAS, etc
- Experience with methods to obtain and analyze disparate data sets (ETL) particularly methods for querying and aggregating data at scale (SQL, NoSQL)
- Experience with data presentation/visualization (Tableau, D3.js, Google Charts)
- An effective team player who is passionate about providing innovative solutions for complex business needs A proactive self-starter, able to manage own time, priorities and independently identify and complete tasks
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills both written and oral
- Strong delivery focus with a proven track record of achieving results and demonstrating proficiency in managing multiple competing tasks on a daily basis
- Ability to work quickly and under tight delivery deadlines with a strong attention to details
- Exceptional complex problem-solving skills
- Ability to socialize ideas and influence outcomes across stakeholders with competing demands
- Previous experience in Operations, Financial Services or Manufacturing
- Basic knowledge of computer programming fundamentals (Object Oriented Programming, algorithms, etc.)
- Experience with implementing data-driven improvement frameworks such as Six Sigma, Total Quality Management, or Statistical Process Control
- Fundamental understanding of web applications, services and data formats (JSON, XML, REST API, AJAX)
- Experience with user interface (UI) design that maximizes user experience (UX) and allows business users to consume data
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top