Operations - Business Architecture & Change Management - Business Intelligence - Associate - New York
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Are you looking to apply your quantitative skills while deepening your understanding of how businesses improve with data analytics? The Operations BI Platforms team is seeking a data science professional who will design and implement analytics that will drive continuous improvement and find new business opportunities within the Operations Division.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading, and asset management capabilities to clients around the world.
In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction Operations is a dynamic completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
Operations spans all product lines and markets, serving as internal business partners who develop the processes and controls, and help to specify the systems that deliver accuracy, timeliness and integrity to our business.
The Operations Efficiency Analytics team leads high priority, cross-operations business intelligence and analytics initiatives while addressing developments in key strategic data architecture. In close partnership with operations and technology managers we use advanced analytics and data modelling to innovate and create a more data-driven operation.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum of 3 years of Business Intelligence experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science or Engineering
- Leading the design, development and maintenance of key metrics, reports and dashboards to drive key business decisions.
- Experience leading business requirements analysis interviews
- Experience designing data models for analytics and reporting (dimensional modelling)
- Experience with analyzing disparate data sets and using large scale querying and aggregation techniques like (SQL, NoSQL)
- An effective team leader who is passionate about providing innovative solutions for complex business needs
- A proactive self-starter, able to manage own time, priorities and independently identify and complete tasks
- Ability to effectively communicate technical subject matter to a non-technical audiences.
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously and driving end-to-end project delivery.
- Managing escalations and complex ad-hoc requests in a timely manner and handling sensitive information appropriately.
- Liaising with technology and multiple financial operations groups to enhance processes and procedures related to securities and derivatives transaction processing.
- Ability to socialize ideas and influence outcomes across stakeholders with competing demands
- Masters in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science or Engineering
- Previous experience in Operations, Financial Services or Manufacturing
- Basic knowledge of computer programming fundamentals (Object Oriented Programming, algorithms, etc.)
- Experience building predictive and/or machine learning models (regressions, clustering, classification, etc.) and performance evaluation techniques
- Experience with statistical scripting software/packages such as R, Python, MATLAB, STATA, SAS, etc.
- Experience interpreting and understanding regulatory rules (e.g. MiFID 2)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top