Operations - Business Architecture & Change Management - BI Platforms: DataLab - VP - New Jersey
Are you looking to apply your quantitative skills while deepening your understanding of how businesses improve with data analytics? The Operations DataLab team is seeking a data science professional who will design and implement analytics that will drive continuous improvement and find new business opportunities within the Operations Division.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading, and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm’s assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
Operations spans all product lines and markets, serving as internal business partners who develop the processes and controls, and help to specify the systems that deliver accuracy, timeliness and integrity to our business.
Operations Divisional DataLab leads high priority, cross-operations business analytics initiatives while addressing developments in key strategic data architecture. In close partnership with operations and technology managers, DataLab uses advanced analytics and data modeling to innovate high-value methods of making a more data-driven Operations.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Basic Qualifications•Minimum of 4-5 years of professional experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years of data science experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience building predictive and/or machine learning models (regressions, clustering, classification, etc.) and performance evaluation techniques
- Proficient in statistical scripting software/packages such as R, Python, MATLAB, STATA, SAS, etc.
- Experience with analyzing disparate data sets and using large scale querying and aggregation techniques like (SQL, NoSQL)
- An effective team leader who is passionate about providing innovative solutions for complex business needs
- A proactive self-starter, able to manage own time, priorities and independently identify and complete tasks
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills both written and oral
- Strong delivery focus with a proven track record of achieving results and demonstrating proficiency in managing multiple competing tasks on a daily basis.
- Ability to work quickly and under tight delivery deadlines with a strong attention to details
- Exceptional complex problem-solving skills
- Ability to socialize ideas and influence outcomes across stakeholders with competing demands
Preferred Qualifications•Masters in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science or Engineering
- Previous experience in Operations, Financial Services or Manufacturing
- Basic knowledge of computer programming fundamentals (Object Oriented Programming, algorithms, etc.)
- Experience with implementing data-driven improvement frameworks such as Six Sigma, Total Quality Management, or Statistical Process Control
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top