Operations - Business Arch & Change Mgmt - Change Delivery - Vice President - Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
OPERATIONS Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
We are looking for a highly analytical, self-starter, process design expert to join our Design Services Group within Operations. Your role will include working with teams across Operations to identify opportunities for re-engineering to help teams meet the goals and objectives of the division's strategy.
Our team of critical thinkers partners with groups in all areas of the firm to perform financial analytics
and reporting and data analytics and engineering. Our division also provides critical operations design and handles capital markets operations to ensure business flows smoothly across our global offices. From day one, team members play a vital role in upholding the three Operations principles of client focus, process innovation, and risk management.
The Design Services (DS) is responsible for providing strategic design services to Operations Business Units. The team provides Business Analysis expertise in the facilitation of complete (or elements of) a Business Unit's Target Operating Model (TOM). This could include organizational analysis & design; business process re-engineering, data architecture and client / product analytics that will help deliver our transformation goals. These types of opportunities are expected to be appropriately sized to develop early ROI assessments– giving greater clarity on whether to invest fully in a delivery program. In addition, the team is expected to stay connected to industry utilities and market vendors assessing how they can support effective ROI and Regulatory Compliance through integration with our technology and processes.
The team also provides detailed process and solution design services to translate high level business requirements into a set of artefacts which technology can use to build the solution from. Design artefacts include implementation level process models, decision model requirements and where applicable clickable UX prototypes.
DS is part of the "Business Architecture & Change Management" (BACM) sub-division. There are two core pillars within BACM – Applied Platform Solution Services (APSS) and "Change Delivery" (CD). DS is a team within APSS, other teams in APSS includes Business Intelligence and Capability Development & Management.
DS works closely with all of these groups to provide a full end-to-end design and delivery service to our consumers – Operations Division.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Perform various design and analytical roles that support overall development of Operational strategy and Target Operating Model design at both the divisional and business unit level – including:
- Identifying convergence and streamlining options between similar functions in the same and differing business units
- Assisting business units in understanding their strategic drivers and converting these into strategic long-term objectives and business cases that provide the platform for detailed design work to start
- Develop BPM models to describe current state as well as target state design including Business Decision Modelling requirements
- Working with our business units to develop optimal organizational models that allow them to best place their people to meet their strategic objectives
- Working with our regulatory, client excellence and business-aligned teams to interpret new requirements and how they can be accommodated into their Target Operating Models
- Identification of vendor packages , performing a functional analysis of what they offer and the value we may derive from them working with our internal vendor-relationship teams
- Use analytics tools perform basic data analysis to assist with root cause analysis and identify opportunities for automation
- Partnering with our data strategists on defining data architecture strategies that may include reporting rationalization; reference data reviews; data governance and control processes
- Help develop the methodologies and skills of the DS by joining one of our 'development' pillars
- Presenting and communicating ideas and designs to the DS and wider BACM management teams plus line stakeholders in Operations as necessary
- Facilitating and driving communication to gain input and consensus from stakeholders in multiple teams and regions
- Building additional close relationships with key Operations, Technology, Front Office & Industry Vendors to help in the overall design of our strategy, processes and technology architecture
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FO
- Highly articulate with strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Consistently able to produce high quality project documentation, specifically project updates, requirements and test scripts
- Strong root-cause analysis and problem-solving skills, coupled with the self-motivation and leadership to drive projects to completion
- Technical aptitude and ability to partner with and provide sounding board to IT on technical solutions
- Very organized, able to work independently, and manage conflicting priorities
- Ability to deliver while working under pressure to tight deadlines; flexible and able to respond positively to changes / moving targets
- Business Process Re-Engineering (highly preferred)
- IB Operational Strategy (highly preferred)
- Target Operating Model development (highly preferred)
- Investment Banking product knowledge (buy or sell side)
- Technical knowledge of trading or IB systems & industry utilities
- Ability to coordinate and gain consensus across multiple groups (Operations, Business, Technology), in multiple regions, at various levels of seniority
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top