Operations - BIL Operations - Loan Servicing - Letters of Credit Servicing - Vice President - Dallas
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all areas of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Corporate Loan Agency is responsible for ensuring efficient and accurate transaction processing across a broad range of products. Generally, the products supported are complex instruments that require close alignment with the business. Corporate Loan Agency is at the forefront of shaping and driving change in the industry with the ultimate aim of delivering greater accuracy, control and efficiency for our clients and our business. The Letters of Credit servicing team within Corporate Loan Agency is responsible for the trade finance functions as Letter of Credit Issuer.
The Letters of Credit servicing team is seeking a letters of credit professional who is able to effectively collaborate with multiple business desks, internal and external legal counsels, as well as applicants and beneficiaries to manage all stages of the transaction, and to mitigate risks associated with the letter of credit product offering. This position requires the ability to handle complex inquiries regarding standby letters of credit from our external clients and internal business partners. Additionally, the individual we are seeking will assist in strategic projects to enhance the product and platform. The position will have increasing managerial duties for day to day oversight, training, and personnel development.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Gain a broad understanding of the respective business desks you support
- Review Credit Agreements and other deal documents to assist with the structuring of our obligation as issuing bank
- Draft standby letters of credit to support and facilitate our clients' business needs and important transactions
- Leverage your knowledge and expertise as a subject matter expert in all aspects of the business and to help train junior colleagues
- Provide managerial oversight for a local team and serve as a contact for global support teams
- Build your network through interaction with middle office teams, sales teams, controllers, and other internal Goldman Sachs groups to resolve transactional issues and to collaborate on process and product enhancements and improvements
- Leverage your analytical skills by reviewing legal documents and ad-hoc reports for the client and internal business groups
- Display your ability to function as a team player while working in a fast paced environment
- Develop your project management skillset by managing and/or assisting with projects for system or process improvements
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree required
- At least 7 years of experience with standby letters of credit
- In-depth knowledge of ISP98/ UCP 600
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with competing priorities
- Previous management experience with increased responsibility
- Demonstrated experience implementing projects and process improvements
- Excellent communication and client service skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with a keen attention to detail
- Proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite in particular Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word
- Loan servicing or operations background a plus
- Previous commercial/ business lending experience a plus
- Project Management experience a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top