Operations - Banking Investing Lending Ops - SSG/MBD/Bank Operations - I&L Middle Office Team - Associate - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Investing & Lending (I&L) Middle Office is seeking a professional to support various business lines underneath the I&L umbrella, Special Situations Group, Merchant Banking Division, Urban Investing Group and Institutional Lending Group. The role entails collaborating with traders, strategists, controllers, legal, underwriters, technologists and other operational groups on implementing new businesses and products, trade facilitation, exception management and risk mitigation across the various desks' investing strategies.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
I&L Middle Office members are subject matter experts within Operations. The teams sit directly with the desk and supports multiple asset types, including derivatives (FX, IRP, CDS), loans, equities, real estate, hard assets and bonds across public and private markets. They also partake heavily in any new products or activities, including analysis, testing and implementation given the highly structured nature of transactions that span the globe.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Prepare to gain a comprehensive understanding of trade life-cycles, position management, confirmation and settlement across equity and fixed income asset classes
- Partner with the Business and Federation to provide subject matter knowledge in effort to facilitate smooth transaction closings
- Showcase your attention to detail by ensuring all trade economics and payouts are correctly captured in the risk management system
- Leverage your quantitative skills to decompose complex structured transaction unwinds and propose creative, robust booking model solutions
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 4 years of experience in financial services
- Candidate must be comfortable in a high pressure environment
- Confident in their verbal and written communication, especially with senior audience
- Strong problem solving skills
- High attention to detail
- Innate curiosity and drive •
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Prior knowledge of Derivatives, Loans, Equities and Bonds
- Experience with our internal risk and booking entry systems
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top