Operations - Banking Investing Lending Ops - Loan Servicing - Mortgage Loan Servicing Team - Associate - Dallas
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
The Mortgage Loan Servicing team is seeking a professional to support the closing and ongoing servicing of Residential Mortgage loans and other bulk portfolios. The role entails collaborating with the business, technologists and other operational groups to originate, service and close out loan portfolios.
The Mortgage Loan Servicing Team within Loan Operations is responsible for ensuring efficient and accurate transaction processing across a broad range of loan products. Generally, the loan products supported include Residential, Commercial Real Estate, Student and Consumer Loans that require close alignment with the business. A key focus for the organization is establishing strong risk management procedures and controls to ensure the firm and our clients are properly protected. The Mortgage Loan Servicing Team is at the forefront of shaping and driving change in the industry with the ultimate aim of delivering greater accuracy, control and efficiency for our clients and our business.
The functional processes managed by the team are primarily aligned with a loan's life cycle: from the initial commitment to the loan, trade settlement, funding, payment processing, and off-boarding of the loans through paydown, sale or securitization.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Support various businesses, including the Residential Mortgage Desk and SSG Desks
- Process monthly remittances received from external servicers.
- Investigate and resolve transactional issues.
- Settle trades and coordinate funds payment / receipt
- Review daily exception reporting and resolve any outstanding items pertaining to assigned portfolio
- Communicate with external servicers
- Communicate closely with internal counterparties such as Desks, Legal, Compliance, Controllers, etc...
- Perform other duties as assigned
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of one to three years of experience in financial services
- Proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite in particular Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word
- Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality
- Self-motivated and proactive team player who takes ownership and accountability of projects
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Excellent communication and client service skills
- Fast learner with a proactive approach
- Ability to work in fast paced environment; need to think and make sound decisions quickly
- Cash/Wire Reconciliation experience
- Accounting experience
- Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal clients with differing levels of product experience
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top