Operations - Banking Investing Lending Ops - Investment Banking Operations - IBD Syndicate Bank Loan Origination Team - Analyst - Dallas
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
The IBD Syndicate Bank Loan Origination Team has an opportunity for a Analyst/Associate. As part of the team, this person will primarily be responsible for providing necessary support for effective execution of loan deal commitments/pricings and closings. The individual will be afforded the opportunity of working directly with our Capital Markets syndicate desk, Leveraged Finance and Relationship Lending Group on various loan transactions for the firm as a whole. Interaction will also be necessary with legal, controllers and technology. This role will provide you a unique opportunity to partner with the Business while having a direct impact and influence on how certain deals are structured. Additionally it will allow for exposure to senior members of the firm, so you will be using your communication and negotiation skills to drive a positive conversation.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Perform key control and operation risk management functions pertaining to the IBD Origination/Syndication space
- Liaise with both internal parties such as Capital Markets/Leverage Finance, Legal & Compliance and external parties such as Administrative Agents, Borrowers and Attorneys in connection with the Loan Origination/Syndication closing process
- Review all Commitment papers / Closing documentation and perform maker-checker reconciliation process between the documentation and various internal systems to ensure all necessary items have been provided, proper sign-offs have been received and everything matches accordingly
- Work with IBD to reconcile and understanding required funding mechanics related to closing
- Monitor and assist in the reconciliation of break, discrepancies and report monitoring
- Operational oversight over various aspects of the loan book-running process which relies on heavy interaction with trading, banking, and controllers
- Continuous Improvement and working on projects designed to promote strategy and efficiency
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Solid understanding of primary and secondary loan market
- Strong email management skills
- Proven process re-engineering skills
- Effective analytical ability
- Self-starter (i.e. after initial managerial direction, candidate is able to develop their own work-flow and manage daily tasks accordingly).
- Ability to effectively and extensively interact with all levels (from entry level analysts through managing directors) - "know your audience"
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment and be able to prioritize tasks accordingly throughout the day.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills is a must.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Time Management
- Overview of Loan Market
- Effective Listening & Communications Skills
- MS Office (e.g. Excel, Word, Power-Point)
- Project Management
- Presentation Skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top