Operations - Banking Investing Lending Ops - Investment Banking Operations - Finance & Control Team - Analyst - Dallas
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
The IBD Operations Finance and Control team has an opportunity for an experienced Analyst. The team is responsible for the management of expense balances and fee recovery for the IBD Division globally. This role gives the opportunity to have a direct impact on the P&L of the division by influencing the amount of fees and expenses recovered.
This role allows for exposure to senior members of the firm, so you will be using your communication and negotiation skills to drive positive conversations. The role also requires close interaction with other business and Federation teams supporting Investment Banking, including IBD Finance, Controllers, broader Banking Investing and Lending Operations, and Technology.
The Analyst will focus on risk management and control, day to day expense management processes, assisting with the recovery of project expenses, maintaining the syndicate sub ledger, and the settlement of financing transactions.
The ideal candidate will help drive IBD Operations' process improvement initiatives across multiple business lines. Additionally, the role will afford the opportunity to participate in key strategic projects and initiatives for the team.
The Finance & Control Team is responsible for the proper recognition of IBD advisory fees, billing of expenses, settlement of financings, and overall maintenance of the expense balance sheet to create maximum recovery for the division's bottom line. In addition, the team monitors the balance sheet of deal-related expenses to promote recoverability, and seeks to reduce P&L exposure by reserving for losses related to non-recoverable expenses.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Build and maintain strong relationships with IBD Bankers, Industry CFOs, Business Unit Leaders and Business Unit Managers and ensure their queries are appropriately addressed
- Review advisory related transactions at all stages in the lifecycle to determine recoverability of transaction costs
- Work with IBD bankers to settle financing related expenses with other syndicate banks
- Work closely with Controllers to ensure fees are accurately reflected on the firm's books and records
- Become a subject matter expert to mitigate risk and drive efficiencies
- Establish new controls for IBD Operations by partnering with Technology to design, build, and operate in a straight through processing (STP) environment
- Review current processes and recommend improvements to reduce risk and or increase efficiency
- Collaborate with our technology and business partners to enhance systems and workflows
- Provide data analysis and management reporting
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor degree required
- Ability to effectively and extensively interact with all levels (from entry level analysts through managing directors)
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- Strong communication, presentation, and relationship management skills
- Extreme attention to detail and organizational skills
- Risk and control awareness and experience of taking responsibility both locally and globally.
- Self-starter (i.e. after initial managerial direction, candidate is able to develop their own workflow and manage resources accordingly)
- Proven process re-engineering skills
- Be highly collaborative and team-oriented
- Effective analytical ability
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top