Operations - Banking Investing Lending Ops - Investment Banking Operations - Analyst - Irving
The IBD Syndicate Bank Loan Origination Team has an opportunity for a Analyst/Associate. As part of the team, this person will primarily be responsible for providing necessary support for effective execution of loan deal commitments/pricings and closings. The individual will be afforded the opportunity of working directly with our Capital Markets syndicate desk, Leveraged Finance and Relationship Lending Group on various loan transactions for the firm as a whole. Interaction will also be necessary with legal, controllers and technology. This role will provide you a unique opportunity to partner with the Business while having a direct impact and influence on how certain deals are structured. Additionally it will allow for exposure to senior members of the firm, so you will be using your communication and negotiation skills to drive a positive conversation.
- Perform key control and operation risk management functions pertaining to the IBD Origination/Syndication space.
- Liaise with both internal parties such as Capital Markets/Leverage Finance, Legal & Compliance and external parties such as Administrative Agents, Borrowers and Attorneys in connection with the Loan Origination/Syndication closing process.
- Review all Commitment papers / Closing documentation and perform maker-checker reconciliation process between the documentation and various internal systems to ensure all necessary items have been provided, proper sign-offs have been received and everything matches accordingly.
- Work with IBD to reconcile and understanding required funding mechanics related to closing.
- Monitor and assist in the reconciliation of break, discrepancies and report monitoring.
- Operational oversight over various aspects of the loan book-running process which relies on heavy interaction with trading, banking, and controllers.
- Continuous Improvement and working on projects designed to promote strategy and efficiency.
Basic Qualifications•Self-starter, candidate is able to develop their own workflow and manage daily tasks accordingly).
- Ability to effectively and extensively interact with all levels
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment and be able to prioritize tasks accordingly throughout the day.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills is a must.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Time Management
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top