Operations – Banking, Investing & Lending Operations – Loan Servicing: Mortgage Loan Servicing – VP – Irving
The Mortgage Loan Servicing team is seeking a driven professional who will have senior oversight and responsibility to drive strategy, execute division and firmwide initiatives, and maintain business connectivity and support. The role entails collaborating with the business, technologists and other operational groups that originate and service loan portfolios.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, investing and lending to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm’s assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
The Mortgage Loan Servicing Team within Loan Operations is responsible for ensuring efficient and accurate transaction processing across a broad range of loan products. Generally, the loan products supported include Residential, Commercial Real Estate, Student and Consumer Loans that require close alignment with the business. A key focus for the organization is establishing strong risk management and controls to ensure the firm and our clients are properly protected. The Mortgage Loan Servicing Team is at the forefront of shaping and driving change in the industry with the ultimate aim of delivering greater accuracy, control and efficiency for our clients and our business.
The functional processes managed by the team are primarily aligned with a loan’s life cycle: from the initial commitment to the loan, trade settlement, funding, payment processing, and off-boarding of the loans through paydown, sale or securitization.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Primary Job Duties:
- Set strategy and direction for tech and workflow initiatives that will improve scalability of the Loans organization
- Assist with reporting and presentations that articulate overall lending metrics, story, and strategy
- Work directly with the line teams to oversee risk framework, reporting, and escalation
- Work closely with Ops Senior Management, Business Partners, and Operations counterparts to develop and execute on firmwide strategy
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Basic Qualifications• Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 7 years of work experience in Operations or related field
- At least 7 years of work experience in Finance or related field
- Proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite in particular Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, and Access
Preferred Qualifications• Mortgages product knowledge and job experience in operations is preferred.
- Strong, analytical, technical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Extensive people management experience or excellent track record in leading teams
- Attention to detail. Demonstrate willingness to deep dive into an issue or problem to establish and address root cause
- Drive and motivation – successfully handles and prioritizes multiple tasks, takes initiative and leads to improve own and team’s performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles.
- Strong team player – effectively collaborates with others both locally and globally.
- Creativity/Innovation – leads by example to challenge status quotient and looks for new ways to improve current processes and procedures
- Development of creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top