Operations - Banking, Investing & Lending Operations - Loan Servicing: Mortgage Loan Servicing - Analyst - Irving
The Mortgage Loan Servicing team is seeking a professional to support the closing and ongoing servicing of Residential Mortgage loans and other bulk portfolios. The role entails collaborating with the business, technologists and other operational groups to originate, service and close out loan portfolios.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm’s assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
The Mortgage Loan Servicing Team within Loan Operations is responsible for ensuring efficient and accurate transaction processing across a broad range of loan products. Generally, the loan products supported include Residential, Commercial Real Estate, Student and Consumer Loans that require close alignment with the business. A key focus for the organization is establishing strong risk management procedures and controls to ensure the firm and our clients are properly protected. The Mortgage Loan Servicing Team is at the forefront of shaping and driving change in the industry with the ultimate aim of delivering greater accuracy, control and efficiency for our clients and our business.
The functional processes managed by the team are primarily aligned with a loan’s life cycle: from the initial commitment to the loan, trade settlement, funding, payment processing, and off-boarding of the loans through paydown, sale or securitization.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Primary Job Duties:
- Support various businesses, including the Residential Mortgage Desk and SSG Desks
- Process monthly remittances received from external servicers.
- Investigate and resolve transactional issues.
- Settle trades and coordinate funds payment / receipt
- Review daily exception reporting and resolve any outstanding items pertaining to assigned portfolio
- Communicate with external servicers
- Communicate closely with internal counterparties such as Desks, Legal, Compliance, Controllers, etc…
- Perform other duties as assigned
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Basic Qualifications• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of one to three years of experience in financial services
- Proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite in particular Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word
- Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality
- Self-motivated and proactive team player who takes ownership and accountability of projects
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Excellent communication and client service skills
- Fast learner with a proactive approach
- Ability to work in fast paced environment; need to think and make sound decisions quickly
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top