Operations – Banking, Investing & Lending Operations – Loan Servicing: Mortgage Loan Servicing – Analyst – Irving
The Warehouse Loan Servicing team is seeking a professional to support the closing and ongoing servicing of Warehouse loans. The role entails collaborating with the business, technologists and other operational groups to originate, service and close out warehouse loans.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm’s assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
The Warehouse Team within Loan Operations is responsible for ensuring efficient and accurate transaction processing across a broad range of products. Generally, the products supported are complex instruments that require close alignment with the business. A key focus for the organization is establishing strong risk management procedures and controls to ensure the firm and our clients are properly protected. The Warehouse Team is at the forefront of shaping and driving change in the industry with the ultimate aim of delivering greater accuracy, control and efficiency for our clients and our business.
The functional processes managed by Warehouse Team are primarily aligned with a structured finance loan’s life cycle: from the initial commitment to the loan, booking of trade and settlement; through funding, scheduled payment, and paydown; from the creation to the reconciliation of borrowing base and concentration limits; as well as the ongoing management of information related to each loan or portfolio of loans.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Primary Job Duties:
- Support the Residential Mortgage Trading, Commercial Real Estate, Structured Loan business through the back-office servicing of a portfolio of warehouse/structured finance, par or distressed loan positions.
- Process all loan related asset servicing: borrowings, repayments, rollovers, conversions, commitment reductions.
- Investigate and resolve transactional issues.
- Settle and book Loan Trades
- Review daily exception reporting and resolve any outstanding items pertaining to assigned portfolio.
- Communicate with external counterparties which may include Agent banks, borrowers and lenders daily regarding loan activity.
- Communicate closely with internal counterparties such as Revenue Desk, Legal, Compliance, Controllers, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Basic Qualifications• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of one to three years of experience in financial services
- Proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite in particular Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word
- Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail.
- Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal clients with differing levels of product experience.
- Self-motivated and proactive team player who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
Preferred Qualifications• Warehouse/Commercial/Structured Finance Loan experience
- Accounting experience
- Excellent communication and client service skills
- Ability to work in fast paced environment; need to think and make sound decisions quickly
- Effective reading comprehension interpreting legal and compliance materials
- Fast learner with a proactive approach
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top