Operations - Banking, Investing, Lending Operations - Loan Servicing - Analyst - Irving
Are you looking for an opportunity that allows you to protect the firm’s capital and reputation all while creating measurable value for the firm and its clients? The Covenants team collaborates with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to monitor credit and collateral risk for GS Bank’s loan products and ensures that identified risks are addressed appropriately. Our team is seeking a professional with a passion for risk management and process improvement to help drive change within a demanding environment.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm’s assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
Each team member is accountable for streamlining processes and innovative thinking from a global perspective. Each individual has daily interactions with traders and with external clients, as well as other internal operational areas. The team has a high focus on risk mitigation and works closely with senior management in development and implementation of new controls. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who can learn quickly and is able to handle a fast paced environment.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Support the Goldman Sachs loan portfolio through ongoing monitoring of client compliance with financial covenants
- Read and interpret legal documents to identify date-driven covenant requirements to be tracked as required deliverables during life of the loan
- Analyze financial statements using ratios, calculations and robust spreadsheets
- Communicate with internal groups to highlight credit risk concerns through weekly reporting and calls with Lending and Credit teams
- Correspond with external and internal parties to collect all required deliverables for covenant compliance
- Facilitate funding process to confirm compliance with all legal requirements and clear title prior to construction draws
- Partner with the Business and Federation to provide subject matter knowledge
- Review current processes and recommend improvements to reduce risk and or increase efficiency
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
Basic Qualifications•Bachelor’s degree
- Candidate must be comfortable in a high pressure environment
- Confident in their verbal and written communication
- Strong problem solving skills
- High attention to detail
- Be highly collaborative and team-oriented
Preferred Qualifications•Prior experience with loan servicing or loan operations a plus
- Experience analyzing financial statements and accounting ratios
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top