Operations - Banking, Investing, and Lending (BIL) - Corporate Loan Agency Servicing/ Urban Investment Group- Analyst- Irving
The UIG team is seeking a professional to support its highly complex investments in double to triple bottom line projects that bring economic, social and environmental benefits to urban regions across the United States. The role entails collaborating with the business, technologists, and other operational groups to mitigate risks associated with servicing a unique product line. The team member will be responsible for reviewing legal documents to extract loan details for entry into the firm’s systems and processing all transactional activity throughout the life of the loan.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm’s assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
BIL Operations is at the forefront of shaping and driving change in the industry with the ultimate aim of delivering greater accuracy, control and efficiency for our clients and our business. Generally, the products supported are complex instruments that require close alignment with the business. A key focus for the organization is establishing strong risk management procedures and controls to ensure the firm and our clients are properly protected. Each team member is accountable for streamlining processes and innovative thinking from a global perspective.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Gain a broad understanding of the respective business you support by servicing a robust portfolio and conducting daily exception monitoring, cash management and break resolution
- Build your communication skills through interaction with middle office teams, sales teams, controllers, and other internal Goldman Sachs groups to resolve transactional issues and to collaborate on process and product enhancements
- Showcase your attention to detail by reviewing legal documents, client invoices, and risk reports
- Develop your project management skillset by managing and/or assisting with projects for system or process improvements
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who can learn quickly and work efficiently in a high pressure environment.
Basic Qualifications•Bachelor’s degree
- Exceptionally strong organizational and analytical skills
- Flexible and able to think strategically while working in a fast paced environment
- Aptitude for building relationships and confident in their communication and client service skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of Excel (formulas, vlookups, pivots, macros)
- Ability to excel both independently and in a team oriented environment
- Eagerness to learn with an innate curiosity and drive
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage competing priorities
Preferred Qualifications•Project management skills
- Strong loan servicing, operations and/or quantitative educational background
- Ability to read and understand standard loan documentation
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top