Operations - Banking, Investing, and Lending (BIL) - Corporate Loan Agency Servicing/ Asset Based Lending - Analyst - Irving
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Asset Based Lending team is seeking a professional to support quantitative and qualitative analysis of account receivables, account payables and inventory. The role entails collaborating with the business, technologists, and other operational groups to mitigate risks associated with collateral review and loan servicing. The team member will be responsible for reviewing legal documents to extract loan details for entry into the firm's systems and processing all transactional activity throughout the life of the loan.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
BIL Operations is at the forefront of shaping and driving change in the industry with the ultimate aim of delivering greater accuracy, control and efficiency for our clients and our business. Generally, the products supported are complex instruments that require close alignment with the business. A key focus for the organization is establishing strong risk management procedures and controls to ensure the firm and our clients are properly protected. Each team member is accountable for streamlining processes and innovative thinking from a global perspective.
How You Will Fulfill Your Potential
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Gain a broad understanding of the respective business you support by servicing a robust portfolio and conducting daily exception monitoring, cash management and break resolution
- Build your communication skills through interaction with middle office teams, sales teams, controllers, and other internal Goldman Sachs groups to resolve transactional issues and to collaborate on process and product enhancements
- Showcase your attention to detail by reviewing legal documents, client invoices, and risk reports
- Develop your project management skill-set by managing and/or assisting with projects for system or process improvements
Skills & Experience We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree
- Exceptionally strong organizational and analytical skills
- Flexible and able to think strategically while working in a fast paced environment
- Aptitude for building relationships and confident in their communication and client service skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of Excel (formulas, vlookups, pivots, macros) and Word
- Self-motivated and proactive team player
- Eagerness to learn with an innate curiosity and drive
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage competing priorities
- Project management skills
- Strong loan servicing, operations and/or quantitative educational background
- Ability to read and understand standard loan documentation
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top