Operations - Accounting Services - Vice President - Dallas
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Are you looking to join a dynamic team that has broad connectivity across the firm for a franchise critical process? Then our team has an opportunity where you will collaborate with colleagues across revenue and federation divisions, and across the globe while managing execution and compliance with the firm's payment activities.
Accounting Services is a dynamic team responsible for ensuring governance with firm policy and execution of various cash settlement and reporting activities for the firm's corporate and real estate investing entities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of the existing payment flows across proprietary platforms in order to effectively manage risk and contribute towards strategic objectives
- Displaying attention to detail and high quality standards while ensuring the team performs at a high level
- Using people and coaching skills to help develop the team to further their career paths, deliver great service and retain talent
- Taking ownership for proper execution and management of the functions, while providing oversight and guidance to the team
- Manage relationships across the firm to ensure an inclusive and strategic approach to projects and improvement opportunities
- Active engagement with leadership and technology stakeholders to develop and execute an overall payments strategy as the industry evolves alongside our new business needs
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with a minimum of 8 years of experience
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in managing a team of 6-8 professionals
- Knowledge of accounts payable, vendor management and accounts reconciliation requirements
- Risk management and familiarity with US tax regulations including 1099 and 1042 reporting
- Aptitude for building relationships, managing stake holders and communicating across business
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Good teamwork skills and ability to work with a wide user group in different regions of the world
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and think clearly under pressure
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent partnership building skills and strong customer service perspective
- Knowledge of payments industry and tax regulations in Latin America markets
- Fluent in Spanish and/or Portuguese is desirable for covering Latin America business
- Experience with implementation and operation of P2P platforms
In addition to the Basic and Preferred Qualifications, we also prefer a candidate who possesses the following competencies:
- Functional Expertise - Keeps up-to-date with emerging business, economic, and market trends
- Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate financial/analytical skills
- Drive and Motivation - Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks
- Client and Business Focus - Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships with clients, helps the clients, both internal & external, to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations
- Teamwork - Gives evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions
- Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others
- Judgment and Problem solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues
- Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
- Influencing Outcomes - Presents sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Takes a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top